Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS free on Unlimited texts/4G tariff?

Whiteadder
Level 1: Joiner
  • 27 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Big thanks to the staff member on Sunday. Went in with a perfectly working phone, came out with one that no longer connects to the 4G network and 3 days later I'm still waiting on someone to restore this.

The amazing thing is I didn't even need a sim swap, but I got one anyway because she made a mistake. My advice is just avoid going back in to the shops if your phone is working, the staff there might break it.

Anyway, I sent three MMS the other day and appear to have been charged for them (But I wasn't before). Is this because I wasn't connected to the 4G network?

Can't find any specific information on this on the website. I've just assumed until now that free MMS were included in the package, but now I don't know.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Whiteadder
  • 27 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I thought it would be dealt with straight away in the shop if I went down on Monday. The manager was very helpful and eliminated phone, faulty sim and network as the cause of the issue. It is something on the tariff/account/system that's not set right and therefore I would think, logically can be fixed fairly easily. But no, I have to explain the problem to several CS online (who haven't got a clue what they are doing it seems to me) and then go into the shop to get an issue raised, 3-5 working days and no guarantee it will be fixed. I am not filled with optimism at this moment. Meanwhile I am losing out on the limited time I get to make the best use of the 4G network. They seriously need to train their staff better. This only happened because the assistant made a stupid mistake and tried to do a sim swap on the wrong phone! It was working perfectly up until that moment..

Message 11 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

Just to cover all bases, have you checked to see if 4g or data in general is actually working OK in your area? 

Have you switched phone to 3g to see if that works?
http://status.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 14

Whiteadder
Level 1: Joiner
  • 27 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I've done all that. Network problems have been eliminated. This is what online CS were saying at first. 4G round here is amazing, and while it was a possibility I knew the timing meant it unlikely.. and this has been eliminated.

The issue was identified in the shop as account/tariff related. So it's beyond me why something as simple as that can't be resolved in a few minutes.

Their IT system must be a complete mess.

Message 13 of 14

Whiteadder
  • 27 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm trying to post a new thread in another forum asking about the Huawei/Android situation (and whether to return a new phone) but the system keeps logging me out, and then I have to rewrite the post and looks like they can't even run an internet forum either..

Message 14 of 14