Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS free on Unlimited texts/4G tariff?

Whiteadder
Level 1: Joiner
  • 27 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Big thanks to the staff member on Sunday. Went in with a perfectly working phone, came out with one that no longer connects to the 4G network and 3 days later I'm still waiting on someone to restore this.

The amazing thing is I didn't even need a sim swap, but I got one anyway because she made a mistake. My advice is just avoid going back in to the shops if your phone is working, the staff there might break it.

Anyway, I sent three MMS the other day and appear to have been charged for them (But I wasn't before). Is this because I wasn't connected to the 4G network?

Can't find any specific information on this on the website. I've just assumed until now that free MMS were included in the package, but now I don't know.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Whiteadder 

MMS are never free. Have a look here Guide: Accidental MMS Sending and How to Avoid it 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Whiteadder 

MMS are never free. Have a look here Guide: Accidental MMS Sending and How to Avoid it 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

Whiteadder
  • 27 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Are you sure because I didn't get charged for them when I sent a few 6 months ago? And I was on 4G then.

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Whiteadder 

If your tariff includes MMS messages, you will have a bolt on in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 

Otherwise, you will be charged the same as everyone else.

You only actually need a 2g signal for MMS so 4g has nothing to do with the charges.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 14

Whiteadder
  • 27 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I stand corrected. You are right enough. Cheers.

Message 5 of 14

Whiteadder
  • 27 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Indeed.

Now just the issue of no 4G after unneccessary sim swap because the member of staff made a stupid error.

I see looking back this has been a problem for many years now...

Fingers crossed it might be resolved by the end of the week, but I've lost all faith in this network now. Utterly incompetent.

Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Whiteadder 

Call customer service to have your account checked.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

Whiteadder
  • 27 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Done that. Called them. Online. Drove back to the store on Monday. 3-5 working days while an engineer looks into the problem.

I dunno, it just seems like it'll be something really simple that can be fixed in 30 seconds. A box the assistant forgot to tick or something. A moment of carelessness on her part and 5 days to get an engineer in the company to fix it.

How can I walk into the store and walk out 15 minutes later with a 4G enabled phone but it takes this long to resolve something like this?

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It is quite unbelievable!
Hope you’re suitably compensated.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 14

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It will be something very simple but it does point to something account related unless you have now the wrong data bolt on.

Message 10 of 14