Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

MMS Pay and go simplicity

Hi there,
I have been on O2 simplicity pay and go for a while now, however I recently got a Nokia E51 and I can no longer receive MMS messages, MMS messages were fine with my old Nokia 6300. What do you think the problem is?
Any help will be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy
Anonymous

Re: MMS Pay and go simplicity

Does your new phone have the O2 pay and go internet settings?
Anonymous

Does your new phone have the O2 pay and go internet settings?

I don't know to be honest, I can browse the web using Wifi in my own house but I don't pay for internet on my simplicity tariff.
I want to able to receive picture messages like I used to with my old phone.
Anonymous

I realise that. You will have to check whether your new handset has the O2 pay and go internet and MMS settings.
If you don't, then you will need to get them.
If you do have them, then can you tell me what happens when someone sends you an MMS. In particular any error messages.
Anonymous

I realise that. You will have to check whether your new handset has the O2 pay and go internet and MMS settings.
If you don't, then you will need to get them.
If you do have them, then can you tell me what happens when someone sends you an MMS. In particular any error messages.

Thank you, when someone sends me an MMS, nothing happens at all, no notification or anything, just that people have been sending MMS (snow pictures!) but I don't get them.
How can I get these settings?
I have done this so far..
Menu - Settings - Sett Wizard - Operator - Define Settings for MMS, Internet, WAP, Surfing - OK - I get the message:
Settings completed:
Operator settings have been defined and can be used to create connections. If applications do not work, contact your operator.
Anonymous

I think I have sorted this Smiley Happy
Hope this is what I was meant to do.
Done this:
Menu - O2 - Get Settings
Got a text message which I had to save to make the settings work, turned phone on and off and I have just tested it and it works.
Hope someone finds this useful Smiley Happy
Cheers for the help.
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,306

That's the usual way to get settings and if you need to get settings again, text ACTIVE to 2020.