Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my o2 number

Pastilles
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My contract is up for renewal and once again I find that renewal with o2 is more expensive than a new contract with o2. I want to keep my existing number under a new contract but how do I go about doing that? Do I just use the pac code? Or something else?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Take out the new contract.
Once you get the phone and sim, call customer services and ask them to transfer your number across.
This will end the old contract, so if you have any months remaining (or device plan payments) those will need paying first.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions
Message 2 of 5

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@Pastilles

I think the best thing you can do is to upgrade. You can do the upgrade when you log into your app or myO2 account.

You won't need a PAC code as you aren't transferring your number.

If you need further help with choosing a proper device for upgrade then please call customer service for more support.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

More information on upgrade
https://www.o2.co.uk/upgrade-your-device
Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Take out the new contract.
Once you get the phone and sim, call customer services and ask them to transfer your number across.
This will end the old contract, so if you have any months remaining (or device plan payments) those will need paying first.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 5

Pastilles
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you. I took the new contract and contacted customer services (via online chat) who were very helpful in transferring my number. All sorted.
Message 5 of 5