Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way of getting a three contract with O2

diddy_dave_uk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My contract is up next month and was looking to get the new Samsung Galaxy Note 9 as i loved my Note 7. But the deals for O2 are all 24 month which makes things too dear. Tesco Mobile and Virgin both offer 36 month contracts that make things more affordable. I would be willing to pay more to stay with O2 but can not afford any of the deals, especailly the amount that has to be paid upforont. 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

diddy_dave_uk
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you everyone for all the info and suggestions!! After looking at all the different options available and looking what I felt most comfortable  with I decided to get my new Samsung Galaxy Note 9 from O2 directly.  It meant more a month but much less upfront, especailly as I would have had to pay £61 for last month. Also with Carphone Warehouse shuting some stores and being hacked I decided I felt happier and safer to go directly through 02. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Not currently as O2 don't offer any 3 year contracts, although as you say a few others are now, so they may have a re-think in the future.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@diddy_dave_uk

You may want to take a look at the deals with Carphone Warehouse.

They are two year contracts and you could stay with O2.....but they are a lot cheaper than buying from O2 directly

My grandson did this just over a month ago and got a really good deal with 15GB extra data.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Yes I’ve noticed Contract prices can vary quite a bit from o2 to CPW

@diddy_dave_uk if you are working, you company may have a discount code with o2 using o2 open,

have you checked that?

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 10

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @diddy_dave_uk, did you get a chance to look at the suggestiosn above yet? Let us know what you decide to do in the end, and if there's anything else we could help with slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 10

diddy_dave_uk
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you everyone for all the info and suggestions!! After looking at all the different options available and looking what I felt most comfortable  with I decided to get my new Samsung Galaxy Note 9 from O2 directly.  It meant more a month but much less upfront, especailly as I would have had to pay £61 for last month. Also with Carphone Warehouse shuting some stores and being hacked I decided I felt happier and safer to go directly through 02. 

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Enjoy your new phone slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@diddy_dave_uk wrote:

That's great, I hope you enjoy your new Samsung Galaxy Note 9 @diddy_dave_uk smiley Thanks for coming back to let us know what you went for in the end!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well envious....a review would be great once you've come down from the heights of ecstasy @diddy_dave_uk vulcan

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@diddy_dave_uk you could have waited and got it on a 3 year refresh deal from O2.

New plans just announced today https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-unveils-its-revolutionary-O2-Custom-Plans/m-p/1149604#...

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10