Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurrance claim

Corsair
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently upgraded from sim only to device plan, iPhone x 256GB. On Monday I took a relative to the airport, there were quite a lot of people bustling about near baggage check in due to a delay, to cut a story short on getting home I realised my phone wasn't in my jacket, I don't know if I dropped it accidently or someone lifted it. I haven't yet paid the dirt month on this new contract as it's not due for another 13 days, can I claim against the insurrance or will it be turned down because of the not yet due bill and insurrance premium ? I still have no phone, but will it get replaced or am I fresh out of luck?
Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I'd just call back again today and hope you get someone who knows what they're doing to help you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Corsair
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
*first month ( not dirt month) stupid predictive text that was.
Message 2 of 22

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Hi @Corsair you must report the loss to o2 immediately https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/ba-p/1023988 and they will also help you process your insurance claim if you call. 

You are covered from the day you signed the insurance agreement. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Waiting as long as you have isn't going to help matters much, @Corsair. You are responsible for any charges to your account until it's reported.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 22

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Good luck with your claim. You do need to get the phone blocked and importantly the sim blocked as you are liable for the first hundred pound until you report it lost. Erase the phone too.

https://support.apple.com/kb/ph2701?locale=en_GB

Contact the insurance, one of the terms is that the phone is reported lost/stolen within 24 hours.

Stupid question but have you rang the phone to see if there is the remote possibility that an honest citizen will answer and arrange the return of your thousand pound investment?

Message 5 of 22

Corsair
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Left it till now as I don't have enough on my debit card to pay the excess due to direct debits till next week. The O2 shop today told me the excess would be taken from my next bill, too late to call today they're closed but I'll call at 9am tomorrow.
Message 6 of 22

Corsair
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Also Airport staff said it's quite possibly abroad somewhere I'd someone picked it up if they were on their way home.
Message 7 of 22

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Loss reporting is 24 hours. Just stay on the line right to the end of the IVR.
Read the link I gave you please, it has all the info you need.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions
@Corsair It's your phone no matter where it is, and you are responsible for it. Do not delay calling to report it, as previously advised.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 22

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
You are going to have problems with the insurance claim if it's more than 24 hours no matter the reason.
Message 10 of 22