Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurrance claim

Corsair
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently upgraded from sim only to device plan, iPhone x 256GB. On Monday I took a relative to the airport, there were quite a lot of people bustling about near baggage check in due to a delay, to cut a story short on getting home I realised my phone wasn't in my jacket, I don't know if I dropped it accidently or someone lifted it. I haven't yet paid the dirt month on this new contract as it's not due for another 13 days, can I claim against the insurrance or will it be turned down because of the not yet due bill and insurrance premium ? I still have no phone, but will it get replaced or am I fresh out of luck?
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Not to mention a potentially huge bill.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 22

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Corsair
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

May as well not bother and just cancel the shoddy policy, because thats exactly what it is with these free loading immigrant lying bastardz...next day replacement ? Yeh right... fill in claim form send it in wait 2-3 days...provide proof of addtess? Hello! Its all in my account details! I'm paying premium dividends for 3rd world service, Is it any wonder trust pilot only give 1 star in reviews. The store said insurance are closed weekends, so who the hell did I speak with? No doubt some off shore foreign entity

Message 13 of 22

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You speak directly to customer services who are open both Saturday and Sunday http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus and as already mentioned, loss reporting is 24 hours a day, every day.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 22

Corsair
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well somethings not right then, She took all details put me on hold for 10 mins came back and said exactly what I said about filling in forms, providing proof of address, waiting days for the claim to be assessed ect.. how is this next day replacement?. The store employee when I got the phone said if it's lost overseas it's replaced wherever I am in 24hrs, judging by today's episode I find that hard to believe. So is it likely I'll actually have better luck calling on Monday, by speaking to the correct people?.

Message 15 of 22

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I'd just call back again today and hope you get someone who knows what they're doing to help you.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 22

Corsair
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I hope so, very frustrating when I have to repeat myself a dozen times on the phone, then get nowhere fast.
Message 17 of 22

Corsair
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good News! 😊 I finally got through to someone who knew what they were doing on Monday, Today I received an email to confirm My claim was accepted, and The replacement will be delivered tomorrow 😉 That was pretty fast service.
Message 18 of 22

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Excellent wink

Currently using:
Message 19 of 22

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 20 of 22