cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance taking over 2 days to process my claim.

ksot1821
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently lost my new iPhone and have submitted a claim via o2 insurance. 

I submitted the claim last Friday (9 dec) and was told it would take up to two working days to process my claim and that it had been passed to the claims validation team. 

After that timeframe I chased for an update and was told I would have an update on the decision within the working day on 15 dec. 

However, I only received an email to say that this was with the claims validation team who would discuss this further over the next two working days.

When I phoned again that day they said it was because it needed further assessment which wasn’t specified in the email. They said it was nothing to worry about, just to confirm some details and the matter would be sorted on the call. 

I told them I’m happy to confirm details, but they couldn’t give me an answer as to why this would take another two working days and couldn’t ask me to confirm them then and there. Only that it would be “more than likely” they would call on Friday 16 Dec. 

So in effect, I would be waiting 6 working days for a decision which is well over the advertised two.

Is this normal? Or should I be escalating this?

I just need to know whether they will accept my claim or if I have upgrade to a new handset as this obviously is causing me a lot of stress this close to Xmas, as well as the financial implications. 

I’m stuck in a limbo and do not appreciate the delay. 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149463 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@ksot1821 

It shouldn't take that long at all.

I've only ever made one claim on phone insurance (it was a free bolt on with the contract at the time) and it was all turned around in 48 hours, no problems at all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 149463 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@ksot1821 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

ksot1821
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I’ll try those options and will phone them again also. 

But just to address the general question - does the insurance process usually take over two working days?

If so, I’m happy to hold fire, but from what they advertise it sounded like it only takes two days for o2 to make a decision. 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 149463 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@ksot1821 

It shouldn't take that long at all.

I've only ever made one claim on phone insurance (it was a free bolt on with the contract at the time) and it was all turned around in 48 hours, no problems at all.

Message 4 of 5

ksot1821
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m going to put in a complaint. I still haven’t received a call from them. And I keep getting sent round the houses. 

I phoned today and now they said that further assessment takes three working days! And that the two working days was just from the auto generated email! 
Absolutely absurd they are taking this long and no one can explain why there is such a delay or what they need from me. 
All I keep being told is “more than likely the next working day”. 
Honestly, I am close to just taking the financial hit and cancelling my claim because I will probably have a result quicker than having to wait through this BS. 

Message 5 of 5