Did you mean: 

In Greece but phone thinks I am in Turkey

BuffyPower
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I am in Rhodes, Greece which is close to Turkey.

My phone is connected to a Greek network, but I am being charged for calls as if my phone is in Turkey.  When I arrived in Rhodes I never received a text message saying welcome to Greece.

We flew via Poland and I did receive the message in Poland.

Have been unable to contact O2 using the 202 number and am uable to find any help on the O2 website

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@BuffyPower 

Customer service numbers and how to use Skype are in the link below.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Use the Lost/Stolen or Fraud option if you have to, to get through.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10162 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3010 Solutions

@BuffyPower

This is known as accidental roaming, this is where you need to select the local network partner and not use automatic network selection.

You should select either Cosmote GR or Wind GR and not Turk Telecom, Vodafone TR or Turkcell

There isn't a lot that o2 Customer Services can do for you

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122906 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@BuffyPower 

Community guide about Roaming in Turkey and Greece.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Roaming-in-Turkey-and-Cyprus/bc-p/1105917 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

alexmucadum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This exact same thing happened to me. I just got off the phone with O2 who offered 50% off the fee, but that's quite frankly not good enough. I'd have switched off roaming services had I known there was any chance of it connecting to a country outside of the ones included in the international usage allowance. There was no warning, no opportunity to stop the usage. I find it appalling that O2 are willing to make this a customer problem and not offer a refund when they can clearly see from all other calls and messages made on the same day that I was in Greece. This is a technical fault of their own, why charge your customer? Really poor customer service. I won't be sticking with this network for long. In the long run, this will be a reoccurring problem and cost a lot!

Message 5 of 5