Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imessage not verifying

mtj98_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Moved from Virgin Media in May and not had any issues with iMessage or FaceTime since today. Not able to send a message to 48369. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10628 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@mtj98_ 

That shortcode 48369 is not valid in the UK, it is a North American Shortcode, but try the below

1) If you got blank sim or moved number: Make sure you have Settings -> Phone > My number entered correctly   

2) Go to Settings -> Your Name ( Apple ID settings) -> Name, Phone Numbers, Email ->  Contactable At -> Edit -> add and verify your number

3) Turn on and off your iMessages/FaceTime 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 8

mtj98_
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My number hasn’t changed at all. I’ve just moved network. I got a new phone and SIM card from O2 weeks after I moved from Virgin which has been working smoothly till this morning. 

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@mtj98_ 

Is your date and time correct and set on automatic?

Resetting your network settings might also help although you will lose any saved wifi passwords.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

mtj98_
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah I’ve done all that. I can no longer turn on iMessage/Facetime

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@mtj98_ 

I'd speak to Apple as you've checked all the obvious things Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple (UK)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 8

mtj98_
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've spoken to Apple and they can't help me either. Can this be due to the SIM card?

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@mtj98_ 

It could be. Pop in your local O2 store with photo ID for a new one to try.

Message 8 of 8