cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Scotland leaves the UK, will O2 charge international rates?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been bugging me for a while, I have friends and family in Scotland and text/call them frequently. If Scotland leaves the UK, they'll become a foreign country not automatically an EU member so will it cost the same to text as it would contacting someone in say America?

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I'm not sure where all the yes voters are - I've not spoken to anyone in favour of it at all.....?

If they Vote YES for Independence will the Scots be allowed to continue using English or will that privilege be withdrawn along with the Pound? LOL

Gerry

Message 11 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now where's my DVD copy of BraveHeart.

"FREEDOM". slight_smile
Message 12 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I'm not sure where all the yes voters are - I've not spoken to anyone in favour of it at all.....?

In my experience there appears to be a generation gap. Most of my timeline on Facebook is taken up with people in their 20s and 30s who are, for the most part, Yes voters. 

I've then found that the older generation appear to be sensible No voters who are actually finding out the facts rather than believing some of the tripe that is liked and shared on Facebook.

I guarantee that Braveheart is on terrestrial TV on the 17th September...

Message 13 of 56

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145064 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I guarantee that Braveheart is on terrestrial TV on the 17th September...

BBC England or BBC Scotland....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 14 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

"I'm not sure where all the yes voters are - I've not spoken to anyone in favour of it at all.....?"

I'm not a fan of giving 16 year olds the vote - not until they teach the basics of politics at school. Alex Salmond has giving 16 year olds the opportunity to vote in the biggest decision in the history of Scotland and a majority of them are a bunch of english-hating maverick Bravehearts who'll vote yes for the sheer helluvit. They haven't a clue about politics, economics or the consequences of leaving the UK.

Have they really thought it thought it through? If Scotland leaves, what happens to:

• Royal Mail and the postal service in general
  • Mobile networks/phone providors like BT
  • Scots who bank with UK banks like Barclays
  • TV/internet providers and the BBC (licence fees)
  • Military and defence
  • Intelligence

The list is endless...

Message 15 of 56

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

All this uncertainly is affecting my next overseas trip with currency rates hitting rock bottom due to the uncertainty of the pound. Make them have their own currency, charge them to cross our border and introduce a home in tax rates for foreigners living in what's left of the UK!!!

Only joking..... I thinkThoughful

Message 16 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have they really thought it thought it through? If Scotland leaves, what happens to:

• Military and defence
  • Intelligence

The list is endless...

If you believe Alex Salmond we'll just keep using them as we always have done!  But then, I'm sure if Alex Salmond said it was going to rain gold on the 19th September if we vote Yes that there would be a large percentage of the population who would believe him!

Message 17 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

"I'm not sure where all the yes voters are - I've not spoken to anyone in favour of it at all.....?"

I'm not a fan of giving 16 year olds the vote - not until they teach the basics of politics at school. Alex Salmond has giving 16 year olds the opportunity to vote in the biggest decision in the history of Scotland and a majority of them are a bunch of english-hating maverick Bravehearts who'll vote yes for the sheer helluvit. They haven't a clue about politics, economics or the consequences of leaving the UK.

• Military and defence
  • Intelligence

The list is endless...

Intelligence?  When did that enter into politics, north or south of the "border"? 

Gerry

Message 18 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Imagine the fury on the 19th september when Salmond is told he can't use the Pound, Royal Mail, receive BBC/Sky/Virgin, internet is disconnected (infuriating those 16 year old yes votors) lol

Message 19 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Intelligence? When did that enter into politics, north or south of the "border"?"

Scotland will need their own version of MI5/6, surely?

Message 20 of 56