cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I upgraded could I keep using my old phone with the same contract instead of the new phone?

MrScottyTay
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I am able to upgrade my phone but would actually prefer if I could use the upgrade to get a secondary phone, a smaller one that I can keep for runs instead of it being my daily driver.

Is it possible to keep using my current phone on my contract if I upgraded or would it be locked to whatever new phone I pick, rendering my current phone useless in terms of being a daily driver?

Any advice on this would be greatly apprecciated.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@MrScottyTay 

Your old phone would work still.

When you upgrade you keep the same sim and just put it in the new phone, but you can only have one sim with your number on, so you'd need to switch sim cards when you wanted to use the upgrade or get another sim only or PAYG sim for it, but with a different number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@MrScottyTay 

Your old phone would work still.

When you upgrade you keep the same sim and just put it in the new phone, but you can only have one sim with your number on, so you'd need to switch sim cards when you wanted to use the upgrade or get another sim only or PAYG sim for it, but with a different number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

MrScottyTay
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Awesome, thanks a bunch for the reply.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4