Did you mean: 

If I pay and upgrade early...

Ezra
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I got a contract with o2 around a month ago and want to early upgrade so I can get the iPhone X, because I didn't pass credit check the first time I had to put down a deposit of £200 will I get this back if I pay off my phone bill in full to upgrade? Also if I do this can I go onto a contract that means I don't have to make an upfront payment for the phone as I did that last time?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You will get the money back certainly. The £200 is in case you miss payments and it is used to pay outstanding charges. 

Normally they do not credit check when upgrading but in your case I personally don't know owing to them wanting a deposit last time. 

To be honest, because you want to upgrade again after a month I think you need to call 202 and discuss it with them as they can give you definitive answers. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You will get the money back certainly. The £200 is in case you miss payments and it is used to pay outstanding charges. 

Normally they do not credit check when upgrading but in your case I personally don't know owing to them wanting a deposit last time. 

To be honest, because you want to upgrade again after a month I think you need to call 202 and discuss it with them as they can give you definitive answers. 

Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to fully pay your device plan and proceed to upgrade. The £200 will be credited to your account.
This completed device plan should then have improved your credit rating too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Ezra let us know how you're getting on with this and if you have any further questions? slight_smile

Message 4 of 4