cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idiots

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am absolutely furious! I've been on a tariff with O2 for many years. The associated mobile number is the number everyone has for me.

I asked O2, after a lengthy process, to make a simple swap for me.  To change my EXISTING pay monthly contract to PAYG - NO CHANGE OF NUMBER!  I this evening received the SIM and on putting it in find that my number has been disconnected and that I now have a new PAYG number. 

Will await O2 waking up to demand return of old number!! 

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Op needs to call or go in store, if old number is disconnected, they cannot receive the authentication text

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Take your old sim to the shop along with your new sim and they can swap it there and then. Takes them 5 minutes. I don't think they have a way of assigning an old number to a sim and sending it you. Try not to call them idiots when you go in though...

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am absolutely furious! I've been on a tariff with O2 for many years. The associated mobile number is the number everyone has for me.

I asked O2, after a lengthy process, to make a simple swap for me.  To change my EXISTING pay monthly contract to PAYG - NO CHANGE OF NUMBER!  I this evening received the SIM and on putting it in find that my number has been disconnected and that I now have a new PAYG number. 

Will await O2 waking up to demand return of old number!! 

Call customer services from a landline or use live chat

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

When O2 sent you your new sim they would have expected you to undertake the swap my sim process.All sims come with a new number. Have a look here..

https://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?NEW,Kb=Companion,Ts=Webforms,T=SIMactivation

And then do this

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/ Or you could go instore

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Op needs to call or go in store, if old number is disconnected, they cannot receive the authentication text
Message 5 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

If the old number has already been disconnected it may not be retrievable. The OP needs to contact customer service asap.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Has the old sim definitely turned off?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Has the old sim definitely turned off?

I am not sure as the op only received new sim last night?. A very short period of time for any disconnection to take place......Which was why I thought they could pop the old one back in and 'try' a sim swap......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Dunno either hence asking the op to confirm?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Anyway it will require a call to cs as you can't sim swap from contract to payg without the account being changed by cs.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13