Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVA, o2 listed as one of my creditors

rhythmb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, long story short. I have seven contracts with o2, some on refresh, others not. I have run into significant financial difficulty paying my bills and I have set up an IVA and listed o2 as one of my (many) creditors. 

Is it possible to get these contracts cancelled and disconnected immediately so I have a better understanding of my debt level, which I know will be pretty significant, as I've missed my last bill payment, due to be paid on the 24/04 and received default notices, or do I just let the debt be passed to the debt collection agency and let them know I am in an IVA?

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

rhythmb
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I have been in contact with my IVA provider, I told them that O2 haven't heard anything at all from them, so they're going to get in contact with payment management. My IVA provider said that because O2 are listed on the IVA, then it shouldn't be an issue.

I have also sent an email to the CEO, see what he responds with.

Message 21 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know how you get on mate, and best of luck! 👍👍

Message 22 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146723 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Yes, please do keep us updated.
Very interesting is this thread.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 23 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 124146 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Yes let us know @rhythmb Best of luck...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 30

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Yes the best of luck with this. All is meets mortals can only speculate on O2's standpoint but the biggest sticking  factor in this is that you sold the phones before the IVA was in place as I understand it. It's a legal minefield that only professional advice and negotiating with O2 will get you peace of mind. Good luck getting your phones reconnected. This is going  to be a major problem and you may be forced to go P&G. If this is so then another issue is that you are likely to lose all the contract numbers.

Message 25 of 30

rhythmb
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thats the thing. I dont want them reconnected seeing as I dont have any of them. Happy to go payg too.
Message 26 of 30

rhythmb
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Quite impressed by how quick I got a response. Emailed at 2pm yesterday, reply within 20 minutes saying it will be investigated and they will contact me within 5 days.

Today I got a call from a lady at head office, she promised to disconnect all the lines and send me a final bill with the settlement figure which I can then send to my IVA provider.

When I spoke with customer services earlier in April I was advised i couldnt have my lines disconnected until I paid off all the device plans, but the lady I spoke to earlier said as I had paid off more than half of most of them, she would disconnect them for me.

She also said that if the final bill is higher than what she quoted then she would reduce it to what she told me.
Message 27 of 30

MI5
  • 146723 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Good news for you and pleased the route I suggested got you some traction.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 28 of 30

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

That is good news @rhythmb I'm glad you ere getting the support from complainte.

May I wish you the best of luck in the future and I hope you can turn things round.

Message 29 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rhythmb wrote:
Quite impressed by how quick I got a response. Emailed at 2pm yesterday, reply within 20 minutes saying it will be investigated and they will contact me within 5 days.

Today I got a call from a lady at head office, she promised to disconnect all the lines and send me a final bill with the settlement figure which I can then send to my IVA provider.

When I spoke with customer services earlier in April I was advised i couldnt have my lines disconnected until I paid off all the device plans, but the lady I spoke to earlier said as I had paid off more than half of most of them, she would disconnect them for me.

She also said that if the final bill is higher than what she quoted then she would reduce it to what she told me.

@rhythmb I have been reading this thread with, may I say, 'sad interest' ... I'd like to wish you All The Best

Message 30 of 30