cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was using O2 Pay as you go. Now I'm using a monthly contract but I want to use my old number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was using O2 Pay as you go. Now I'm using a monthly contract but I want to use my old number.  How can I get to that position?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous you only need a PAC if you are moving networks & wish to take your number with you
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

The situation is as follows:  I was using an O2 Pay as You Go but suddenly noticed that it was costing me 14 pence a text which as I am very hard of hearing I prefer to use rather than the telephone.  I then saw an advertisement for a BT package offering unlimited texts plus other things for £5.00 a month so I gave that a go.  I then discovered that for 90% of the time I was unable to get a signal from my living room where I do most of my texting so I dumped BT and took an O2 package with unlimited texts for £8.50 a month.  Having said that I don't understand why I need to be careful about MMS charges if I send what in my lack of knowledge I would refer to as a multi address message.  As you can see I'm new to this mobile telephone thing and I really appreciate the help I'm getting from this Forum.

Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you send the same message to multiple numbers at the same time, it will become what's known as a group message which will convert into mms which charges 40p a message outside of your allowance
Message 13 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
See this help thread about MMS http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 124222 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Yes @Anonymous Sorry about my advice earlier (about sending that text to everyone on your contact list) I forgot there would be a cost to send to multiple people....It is however up to you...

If you want to change your number...or keep the one you have....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93271 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Keeping your same number is very easy and it saves you having to text everyone with a new number. If you have any worries about doing it simply call customer service and they will do everything for you.

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

"If you send the same message to multiple numbers at the same time, it will become what's known as a group message which will convert into mms which charges 40p a message outside of your allowance."  I see that as rather poor business.  I tried to contact Customer Service and found it not at all user friendly pushing the questions over to a Forum.

As it is I sat down this morning and sent a message to all my contacts saying "This my new number" and hope that works so  much thanks to all who offered me advice.

Message 17 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 124222 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@AnonymousI have to admit that is exactly what I did ages ago when I was on PAYG....Hope all goes well from now on with your new number Smiley LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 18