Did you mean: 

How to get a SIM only Pay Monthly for son's phone

Miri
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I think I'm being a bit dim, but I'm getting really bogged down on the O2 website.  I'm wanting to get a SIM only pay monthly contract for my son.  He is currently on his Dad's family plan via Tesco Mobile.  I would like the new SIM to retain my son's original number and then set up a Family Plan on my O2 account.  I have found the SIM contract I want to get him, but when I go to basket it asks if I want to retain my number or have a new one.  It seems to be assuming its for my phone.  How do I confidently order the SIM card for my son without it effecting the SIM for my phone?

I can't phone O2 because they're only dealing with lost/stolen phones and the online chat isn't connecting. Any help would be greatfully appreciated as I am totally confused over something that should be so simple. Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Miri 

It's because you are logged into your account.

You'll need to create a new account first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Miri 

It's because you are logged into your account.

You'll need to create a new account first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Miri
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your very quick reply.

So do I create an account in his name, buy him a SIM and then once it's up and running move it to a family plan under my account?  Also when I order it can I put his number on it?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Miri 

Yes, that will work. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Miri
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Brillian. Thank you.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6