cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel contract if never activated sim?

Asset_89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was required to take out a £6 monthly SIM only contract with O2 when I renewed my Virgin home broadband package last year. The SIM has never been activated. The 12 month contract has ended and I’d like to end it - but so far as I can see the process requires me to receive codes via text message to the phone number/SIM. 

What should I do? Activate the SIM using my Vodafone handset?! Can this be done by somebody at an O2 store instead?

Thank you for any advice.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Asset_89 

Your sim is already active. It matters not if you've used it.

Guide and contact details:

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Asset_89 

Your sim is already active. It matters not if you've used it.

Guide and contact details:

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Asset_89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks M15. My question is really how am I meant to receive/see codes for cancelling when the SIM and phone number are not in use? Is there no other route to cancelling a contract that doesn’t need the number to be active?  

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Asset_89 

Yes, just contact O2 customer service.

Details in the guide above. The sim can be put into any unlocked phone to receive codes if required.

Message 4 of 4