Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Lengthen Ringtime on any O2 Mobile

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

The following method will work on any O2 mobile and means you can control the time interval before a call goes to Voicemail.

Enter the following into your keypad as though you were just making a call :

**61*901*11*30# then simply press 'call'.

please note 30 is the time in seconds before voicemail kicks in and can be set in increments of 5 ie. 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 to a maximum of 30 seconds. (also see video)

If this doesn't do the trick try turning off WiFi and changing the setting network type to 2G only.

Alternatively, you can switch voicemail off completely by calling 1760 from your mobile when you know you will be available to answer calls. Switch on again when needed by calling 1750.

More info on Voicemail here : Using Voicemail | Support | O2

Just a tip : To avoid charges when travelling overseas switch off voicemail before you go as you cannot do so once you have left the UK 

Message 1 of 106
105 REPLIES 105

neilrpasc
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I spoke too soon. Without any further intervention by me, the in-built delay has now stopped working and incoming calls are once again dropping straight into VM without any ringtone. 

There is surely something flaky with either my O2 account or O2 software - or both.

Message 101 of 106

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6631 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

@neilrpasc Going straight to voicemail will have nothing to do with setting the delay. You can check that dialing *#61#

O2 don't use special software so we are down to either the phone or your account 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 102 of 106

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 652 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 16 Solutions

This has now been updated @jonsie 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 103 of 106

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

neilrpasc
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. It is a puzzler for a novice like me. The delay code worked initially, albeit after some time, then it stopped working, for no obvious reason. I can't quite see how my iPhone could queer the pitch. Anyway, I have taken up Jonsie's suggestion and put out a call to the O2 Social Media Team. See what comes of that. I suspect you may be right about my account. Perhaps it needs a re-set of some kind. 

Message 105 of 106

neilrpasc
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The O2 SM Team suggested re-booting the phone afterwards. This seems to have done the trick. So in summary I think the answer might be: disable WiFi Calling, input Jonsie's MMI code, re-boot phone, restore WiFi Calling - or something like that ! Let's see if it continues to work. Appreciate the input of yourself and everyone else. Cheers

Message 106 of 106