Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Lengthen Ringtime on any O2 Mobile

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

The following method will work on any O2 mobile and means you can control the time interval before a call goes to Voicemail.

Enter the following into your keypad as though you were just making a call :

**61*901*11*30# then simply press 'call'.

please note 30 is the time in seconds before voicemail kicks in and can be set in increments of 5 ie. 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 to a maximum of 30 seconds. (also see video)

If this doesn't do the trick try turning off WiFi and changing the setting network type to 2G only.

Alternatively, you can switch voicemail off completely by calling 1760 from your mobile when you know you will be available to answer calls. Switch on again when needed by calling 1750.

More info on Voicemail here : Using Voicemail | Support | O2

Just a tip : To avoid charges when travelling overseas switch off voicemail before you go as you cannot do so once you have left the UK 

Message 1 of 106
105 REPLIES 105

jiver2
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Update, I bought a new phone with Android 13 and now I can send MMI code you so I have messaged o2 support they can cancel this case, many thanks, I have no idea what could have caused the problem. Old phone? Android 8? Will put this on my own thread too

Message 91 of 106

neilrpasc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is the above formula (for time delay before VM) still valid (it's 12 years since your original post) ? I cannot get it to work on my phone.

Message 92 of 106

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Yes it's still valid

However to get it to work you need to get customer service to disable wifi calling, then use the code and ask them to then re-enable wifi calling

Message 93 of 106

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36053 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1602 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Yes it's still valid

However to get it to work you need to get customer service to disable wifi calling, then use the code and ask them to then re-enable wifi calling

That should be a good test of O2 CS - given that some while back, it was noted here in several places that WiFi calling is now enabled by default on all 360 (non-legacy) accounts, @jonsie 

Still, it's worth a punt, @neilrpasc - but do try the O2 Social Media Team, they seem to be more with-it than the call centres, if just as backed-up (may take a few nudges before you get one of the agents to engage with you via DM (Twitter/X, same team for Facebook and Instagram)).  The three ways in the link just below. Good luck!

Message 94 of 106

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6630 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

@neilrpasc I got it working recently on My S23 plus by turning off WiFi and setting network type to 2G only

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 95 of 106

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

@neilrpasc I got it working recently on My S23 plus by turning off WiFi and setting network type to 2G only

Yep, that just worked on my A55 👍😁

Message 96 of 106

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6630 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

@jonsie Good to hear that 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 97 of 106

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Dave-O2  can we update this opening post please with this option added?

Feel free to edit or I can do it if you give me access

I don't know about all androids, need a community member to test it, but it definitely works on Samsungs

Message 98 of 106

neilrpasc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for these suggestions. I discovered this morning that my request (input yesterday as per Jonsie's formula) seems to have been actioned overnight. Perhaps this sort of request is not immediately applied, for some reason. 

Message 99 of 106

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions