cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I SIM swap on iPad

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got an iPad 4 using microSim which had over 1gb data left on it for the next 2 weeks

Got the new iPad Pro delivered today slight_smile and have a new nanosim ready to use

How can I transfer the credit in the old sim to the new one? I tried Simswap online but it asked for mobile number and said it'd text a code ... And of course the iPad can't receive texts

Any ideas please?
Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

You'll have to either pit the sim in a phone to receive the code or call CS on 202// 4445, maybe even live chat might be able to help.
O2 haven't yet grasped the fact that iPads can't receive texts yet!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

You'll have to either pit the sim in a phone to receive the code or call CS on 202// 4445, maybe even live chat might be able to help.
O2 haven't yet grasped the fact that iPads can't receive texts yet!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 31

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can put the sim in any phone to receive the text if it came as part of a tri-sim.

Message 3 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks , I'll try putting it in a phone tomorrow ... Live Chat have just told me sorry, there is no way of transferring data over, but went on to add that I can of course contiinue to use the old ipad alongside the new one until the data is used up on it!  

Message 4 of 31

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I was not too happy about advising livebchat to you bit thought it may be worth a try for something so simple. Clearly I was mistaken !!

Currently using:
Message 5 of 31

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well in the end I phoned over the weekend and got a very helpful lad who told me he'd cancelled the old SIM , credited my bank account with £10 and talked me through setting up the new one.  A day or so later the £10 refund was in my bank account.

RESULT!!!!!

Until ... The day before yesterday I got an email saying my OLD iPad had been auto-topped up with that month's £10!  So I rang them again and they said they could see the cancel request had gone through but it hadn't gone in time to stop the automatic payment - but they would send another cancel request and refund the £10. 

I *had* taken the old SIM out of the old iPad and restored it to factory settings but I set it up again, logged into my Mobile settings and, what do you know, it was still saying the account was active. So I cancelled it myself and had an immediate email confirming it. 

I'm still waiting for the second £10 credit 

#LosingTheWillToLive

Message 7 of 31

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Nearly there then. Don't worry, it will sort itself out in the end.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 31

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
"it will sort itself out in the end."

Is that the business mantra of O2 ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
"it will sort itself out in the end."

Is that the business mantra of O2 ?

Maybe not... though I do find @Anonymous's hashtag quite relevant #losingthewilltolive...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 31