cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Can't phone O2 and live chat not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable
im in France at the moment and there's a call bar on my number that means I can't phone O2. I can receive calls and the Internet works but I cannot make calls (pop up tells me call are barred). I managed to get my sister in England to call O2 yesterday and they said they had requested the bar be removed and it would take between 2 and 24 hours but 25 hours later it is still there. What can I do?

I have tried re-booting my phone every two hours..
Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There has to be a roaming block on your account - can't be anything else, surely....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, there is.  The trouble is that every time I speak to o2 they say, no, they swear it has been removed but it never is.

The most frustrating thing about all this is that I have to wait until I'm abroad before I can find out if they have removed the bar.  I'm stuck.

Message 22 of 53

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It shouldn't be difficult to sort out. Maybe a new account is the only way though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will have to buy my way out of this one first.

I think what I'm going to do is nothing until I know I'm going away again in a couple of months.  Then, when I cancel it will be cheaper.  I will then move to 3 who do free roaming.  I don't want to because I've been with o2 for years and years and have business cards with my o2 number printed on them but I can't see another way out of this.  I'm not even convinced if I let this contract end and then make a new one that I won't be associated with the previous account and I won't still have the same problem.  It seems like even when the bars are removed, they get put back on again.

It's a Kafkaesque nightmare.

Message 24 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and they don't seem to want to put me through to somebody senior.  I might write a letter.

Message 25 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

If you do move to Three don't worry about losing your existing number (as you have that printed on business cards etc. Just ask for your PAC from customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus and give it to Three

Some general info here about porting your number from O2 to Three

http://www.portnumber.co.uk/transfer/mobile/from-O2/to-Three

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that but I'm worried that I might take any problems with me if I keep my number.

I'm completely paranoid now.

Message 27 of 53

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Only the number will transfer.  Nothing account related will cross over at all so you don't need to worry. 

Message 28 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for that but I'm worried that I might take any problems with me if I keep my number.

I'm completely paranoid now.

I go abroad a lot and know how you must feel. As you say the only way of testing is to to wait till you get abroad and then you are stuck if it doesn't work. (Though moving that number to three wont mean you take a roaming bar with you)......:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it's all a bit 'first world problem' but not having my data connection spoiled my holiday.

I really don't understand why o2 are unable to unbar my account, or let me close this one without penalty as I will be opening another.

Message 30 of 53