Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven’t heard back from o2 insurance

Sarah91
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, last Friday I damaged my iPhone 8 by dropping it which resulted in a cracked screen. I called my insurance on Monday to report the incident. The lady said the phone has not been connected to the o2 network since 23rd March and asked the reason for that. I told the truth which was as I only got the iPhone 8 on March 3rd I had still been mainly using my iPhone 6s, no particular reason other than I hadn’t bothered transferring over to my iPhone 8 yet which I was going to do once I had a buyer for my 6s. 

She arranged for DPD (who were great) to collect the phone yesterday at 3pm, I was told a decision would be made within 24 hours and I would receive both a text and email with the details. I have heard nothing back from them at all and I’m quite concerned that they may reject my claim on the basis it had not being connected to the o2 network since March 23rd which seemed like it may have been an issue. 

Should I have heard something by now? And will the fact the phone was last connected to the network 23rd of March cause my claim to possibly be rejected? 

I have insurance for a reason and really don’t want to be paying just shy of £200 for Apple to repair my screen. 

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
All you can do id chase customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
As long as the phone is insured it doesn't matter if it's being used or not.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Markojemo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 52 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5wrote:

If its in the T&C of the insurance that its to be in use and registered on the network they are well within their rights to reject an insurance claim where the terms of the policy haven't been met. I know O2 have previously had this in insurance policies, though with O2 wanting the phone sent to them for inspection i'd imagine that this wouldn't soley go against the claim.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Markojemowrote:

@MI5wrote:

If its in the T&C of the insurance that its to be in use and registered on the network they are well within their rights to reject an insurance claim where the terms of the policy haven't been met. 

In the first post it states the phone has been used on the network.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Markojemo
  • 52 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5wrote:

@Markojemowrote:

@MI5wrote:

If its in the T&C of the insurance that its to be in use and registered on the network they are well within their rights to reject an insurance claim where the terms of the policy haven't been met. 

In the first post it states the phone has been used on the network.

Also states on the first post that the phone wasn't in use, that a previous phone was being used...

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MarkojemoThough it had been used and registered. There could be many reasons why it wasn't used since the 23rd March..(Illness, death, or simply for the reason the OP stated... so that argument is invalid.

I understand they have to make sure no fraud has been committed...but that obviously isnt the case here. 

The purchase was made, the phone registered, therefore the claim should be honoured.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Markojemo
  • 52 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriffwrote:

@MarkojemoThough it had been used and registered. There could be many reasons why it wasn't used since the 23rd March..(Illness, death, or simply for the reason the OP stated... so that argument is invalid.

I understand they have to make sure no fraud has been committed...but that obviously isnt the case here. 

The purchase was made, the phone registered, therefore the claim should be honoured.

Yep, which I've mentioned with them wanting the phone for inspection

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Which will just prove the phone hasn't been sold on as an insurance scam.....

Therefore the claim will be honoured. Enough said I think...Smiley Indifferent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

Markojemo
  • 52 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriffwrote:

Which will just prove the phone hasn't been sold on as an insurance scam.....

Therefore the claim will be honoured. Enough said I think...Smiley Indifferent

Wasn't at all insuiting that a scam was going on, just pointing out that T&C's need checked

Message 9 of 9