Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Gold to Silver

I have been a Gold customer for years, and always have been able to upgrade 3 months early. I downgraded my tariff a month ago. I have just logged back in to find I can now only upgrade a month early. I was not made aware of this happening. I am still on 600 mins, and t&c's state I should be on 3 month early upgrade. I spoke to a customer service agent, who said she could see October on one system, and December on the other but didn't know why. Then I was put through to a 'team leader' Alex Baldwin. He has tried to tell me that the Gold customer parameters have changed, and it is just a coincidence that it has changed at the same time I lowered my tariff. He reckons that it changed in March, and it was down to how much you spent per year. Now it is based on minutes. He come out with some rubbish about how you had to spend £750 a year to be a Gold customer. I have never spent £750 a year, yet I was a Gold customer for at least 5 years. When I advised that I am still on 600 mins, he said that is only for contracts taken after March 2012. Then why was my status only changed last month. If it was down to spending, I would never have been a gold customer, and even then it would have been changed in March, not when I downgraded my tariff. I am absolutely disgusted with the service. I even offered to go back to my original tariff, but he said he wouldn't do anything. No one is going to change their tariff by £6 for 3 months knowing they would lose 2 months early upgrade. There was no communication at all regarding losing my status. I have now removed my bolt ons, and am moving away from O2. When the iphone was no longer exclusive to them, I decided to stick around. Now you can get them with anyone, so I will wait for the new one to come out, and move on. I have not experienced such unhelpful customer service for a long time, and I am going to make sure everyone knows.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Gold to Silver

Hi Nygell,

The Gold customer status (getting a 3 month early upgrade) was something O2 used to offer as a way of rewarding high spending customers with the network. The team leader is right in saying that this was based on a spend threshold over a 12 month period being around £750.00 or more to qualify. If you have had a Gold status on your account for 5 years without reaching that threshold, that would suggest to me that for all that time, you have benefited from a system error, which actually worked in your favour...

O2 stopped offering this reward scheme of Gold, Silver status e.t.c. from March 2012 when they introduced the new tariffs because the new tariffs now come with guaranteed upgrade dates (either 1 month, 3 months or 6 months), depending on the tariff length and cost per month the customer selects for their upgrade, rather than basing it on a customer's average spend.

O2 informed customers of this change by email entitled 'O2 Rewards are changing' earlier this year.

I understand from your post, that you don't intend to renew with O2 which I am sorry to hear, but at least if you do ever decide to join O2 again in the future you know how the new tariffs work and this will hopefully prevent any issues like this arising again for you.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thank you for your reply.

But this still does not explain why my upgrade date changed in July, and not March. And it seems to have happened at the same time I lowered my tariff. 

The fact that I am still on 600 mins should allow me to upgrade 3 months early. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

As Miss Cahill has said, it could be that you've been benefitting from a system glitch, and perhaps it was the tariff change that made the system correct itself.

The tariff you're on now doesn't allow you to upgrade early, if you upgraded to that tariff (renewed your contract) then you would be able to use the 3 months early upgrade. The reason being is everyone would just switch to the 600 minute tariff if it gave you a 3 month early upgrade.
Highlighted
Anonymous

It is amazing that I am getting only maybes, and never a definitive answer. I understand you cannot, because you do not have my details, but this is the same as I am getting from the staff. 

A glitch does not last for the last 4 contracts I have had. As for my tariff not offering 3 months early upgrade, I would suggest you look at this (section 6.2). www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-tariff-terms#section6

I joined on 900 mins, and moved down to 600 mins. That is still in the 3 month bracket.  

Highlighted
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

It is amazing that I am getting only maybes, and never a definitive answer. I understand you cannot, because you do not have my details, but this is the same as I am getting from the staff. 

A glitch does not last for the last 4 contracts I have had. As for my tariff not offering 3 months early upgrade, I would suggest you look at this (section 6.2). www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-tariff-terms#section6

I joined on 900 mins, and moved down to 600 mins. That is still in the 3 month bracket.  

If you click the link you have sent, and scroll to the top of the page, the title reads - Pay Monthly Tariff Terms (if you joined, upgraded or changed tariff after 30 March 2012)

Therefore, these terms and conditions don't apply to your contract which you are disputing.

This link is for the new tariff terms and conditions that I was referring to in my earlier post, which took effect in March 2012, once O2 stopped doing the Gold/Silver tier reward scheme.

Highlighted
Anonymous

if you joined, upgraded or changed tariff after 30 March 2012.

That is my point. I changed my tariff in July to 600 mins, therefore I am in the 3 month bracket. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

I understand the phrase 'changed tariff' to mean if you were already on the new tariffs from either joining, or upgrading to these tariffs since March 2012.

However, if you wish to raise your interpretation with the customer service team you could always ask them to confirm whether or not the upgrade terms you are referring to, do apply to your contract now since your tariff has technically been 'changed'?

As you have mentioned earlier it is difficult for us to give you the definitive answer you desire, due to the fact we do not have access to your specific account.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thank you Miss Cahill.

You have been more informative than the people I have dealt with. I sent the email 3 days ago, and I am still awaiting any kind of response. 

No such thing as loyalty and valued customers these days.