Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give o2 a PAC code

AS-NBC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have my new pay monthly SIM from o2. I have a PAC code from Plusnet who I am leaving. How do I give o2 my PAC now that I have already received the SIM. Guidance online and in the comments here directs me to how to get the code (which I have) but states I can give the code to o2 at any time. But how? The phone support won’t let me do this. I’m on hold to speak to someone urgently at the moment but I may not have time to stay on hold. I can literally not find any steps for moving to o2, keeping your number and not entering the PAC at time of ordering. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@AS-NBC 

All Info here

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Bringing your number to O2

Before we can transfer your number, we'll need your PAC code – a code made up of three letters and six numbers. To get your PAC, text PAC to 65075, for free. You’ll receive it within 60 seconds and it’ll be valid for 30 days. Alternatively, you can request your PAC from your current mobile provider.

You can give us your PAC code when you order your new O2 connection or at any time afterwards. Once you’ve given us your PAC code, you’ll switch to our network within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days. If you provide your PAC code at the weekend, you’ll switch on the following Tuesday.

If you want to switch to O2 at a later date, just contact us with your PAC code when you’re ready to switch. You can give us your PAC code online, call us on 202 free from your O2 phone or on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone, or visit an O2 store. PAC codes are only valid for 30 days, but if yours expires, don’t worry – you can always request a new one.

If you can't reach O2 by phone then use social media.

You should contact the sales team as they can help. – message them on Social Media if that works best for you -on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10763 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi there @AS-NBC 

Yep it is confusing ~ I believe you need to Port your number 

here:

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@AS-NBC 

All Info here

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Bringing your number to O2

Before we can transfer your number, we'll need your PAC code – a code made up of three letters and six numbers. To get your PAC, text PAC to 65075, for free. You’ll receive it within 60 seconds and it’ll be valid for 30 days. Alternatively, you can request your PAC from your current mobile provider.

You can give us your PAC code when you order your new O2 connection or at any time afterwards. Once you’ve given us your PAC code, you’ll switch to our network within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days. If you provide your PAC code at the weekend, you’ll switch on the following Tuesday.

If you want to switch to O2 at a later date, just contact us with your PAC code when you’re ready to switch. You can give us your PAC code online, call us on 202 free from your O2 phone or on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone, or visit an O2 store. PAC codes are only valid for 30 days, but if yours expires, don’t worry – you can always request a new one.

If you can't reach O2 by phone then use social media.

You should contact the sales team as they can help. – message them on Social Media if that works best for you -on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

AS-NBC
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @TallTrees - thanks for the response. A port in was indeed what was required. 
The post the you link to does have a section 'to port into o2' and the example given is for after an order has completed, so seems closer to my situation. Clicking through to the form, via that post, makes a bit more sense because of the context given. If I had seen this earlier, I probably would have tried that. But if you were unaware of that specific post and instead went directly to the 'How to keep your mobile number' page, that page isn't as useful. In the 'Bringing your number to o2' section, the form is not mentioned at all. It is only mentioned in the section that is referring specifically to moving between different parts of the o2 network. So, I had come across that page myself, but it does not suggest filling in the form if you are bringing your number to o2, only if you are already with o2. So I did not use the form. But if by completing that form, I would have been able to initiate a port in from Plusnet to o2, then that would have been the answer. I ended up doing it over the phone so I won't know if that would've worked! I'll describe what I did in response to @Cleoriff 's post. Thanks again. 

Message 4 of 12

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10763 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi thank you @AS-NBC 

For your info. 

@Cleoriff is very knowledgeable on these matters! I  gave Cleoriff a kudos for that response 👏 

Main thing is to get you sorted with a working sim and phone.  Best wishes TallTrees 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 12

AS-NBC
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff  - thanks for the response. 

I had found that information on the site and getting the PAC code wasn't the issue, it was then giving it to o2. As you suggested, you can call, but this is a voice recognition service and it took a few attempts to get to responses on PAC codes. And even then, it reads out the information on the website about getting a PAC code, not submitting one or porting in. I didn't actually know the term 'port' (it's been a while) so I didn't ask for that - maybe that would've been recognized. I managed to get to a 'moving your number to o2' answer branch but that asked me to go online and 'follow the steps' then cut me off. What I ended up doing was opting for the 'emergencies and complex situations' option. I was put in a queue for a live operator. The person I spoke to was great, gave me all the information I needed and initiated the port in. She sent me an email with all the notes in. I also received a couple of SMS from o2 with slightly different guidance, but I will ignore the latter. 

I don't use social media so wouldn't be able to make contact that way, but if I had seen this earlier I may have tried the 0800 you gave. Hopefully the port in will go without a hitch, but I found it very frustrating finding clear information about how to give o2 my PAC code after I had already placed the order and received the SIM. An option to speak to an operator on the phone earlier in the call menu would've helped as I probably ended up calling 7 or 8 times to find the right option. 

Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@AS-NBC 

So pleased it was sorted in the end. It really shouldn't be so difficult I agree.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, @AS-NBC @Cleoriff @TallTrees. I thought this was a really nice topic and the three of you covered a lot of good points. So, I'm hoping to share this with the team at O2 and see if they can take any of it on board to improve the PAC process 😄

Thanks for contributing to the community.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 8 of 12

DVS
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for this, i was having the same issues as most until i tried the 0800 number which was successful ☺️

Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Pleased to hear it @DVS 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12