Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a PAC Code

JulieJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There seems to be a lot of information on here about PAC Codes, mainly people having problems.  I texted 65075 to get a PAC since I'm switching providers - the text failed every time.  There doesn't seem to be anyway on the web-site to assist, even though that is supposedly an option.  Calling o2 prompts the advisor to give you the text number and the web-site, but he finally understood that I can't get those options to work. 

He said he'd send me a PAC code.

Anyone have any idea how long I'll be waiting for this?  I'm not in that big a hurry, it's only been an hour, but just wondering what other people's experiences have been like.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@JulieJ 

It should come through almost immediately.

If you don't get it soon, call again.

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If you haven't received it by morning you will need to call them again

It shouldn't take long to generate a PAC

You will probably get more sense calling early Monday as the porting team doesn't work at weekends

Message 3 of 11

JulieJ
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks both - I'll keep that in mind about a Monday morning call - of course, I'm working then too...but your responses are much appreciated! 

Maybe I'll get it Monday when the porting team are back in. 

More info
More info
tongue_winking
Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@JulieJ 

You can still get a PAC over the weekend as they are system generated.

It's just that no transfers happen over weekends as the porting team only work Mon - Fri.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's actually getting through to someone who can be assed at weekends

Sheer volume of calls and agency staff can be a problem

Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There is no need to email, a PAC can be sent by text or you can insist they read it out to you while you are on the phone

Message 8 of 11

JulieJ
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The day after I spoke with the fellow on 202, I got a text asking me to rate my experience.  I wasn't able to respond to the short number (short like the 65075 number).  So, I did a little online research to figure out how to re-set my phone to allow this, which I successfully did.

Then, I waited until Monday to see if the PAC code might come through.  I didn't.  So then I texted the 65075 number and got the PAC code a few minutes later.

For non-technical types like me, it was a mystery as to why I couldn't send a 'simple, free text' to get this taken care of...but it's done now.

Thanks all for the advice and support, much appreciated!  slight_smile

Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions