Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated new o2 customer

ShayMcCann
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Last week I started a new pay monthly contract with o2… I now regret doing this. 

the whole reason I moved from Tesco mobile to o2 was to get a new iphone and an Apple Watch on contract. I ordered my phone and everything went through as is normal. I was told by the sales person that I would have to wait 24hrs before ordering the Apple Watch… which I did. As advised, I went on my new o2 app and ordered the watch… all without any problems passing the credit checks etc… unfortunately I ordered the wrong size being 40mm not 44mm. I called o2 customer services and explained the situation and they managed to call DHL and get the incorrect watch marked for return to o2. Customer services then explained that I couldn’t order the correct watch until the other watch was returned… could be 3-5 working days… frustration starting to kick in. I waited 3 days and called sales again, they in turn called DHL who confirmed that the package had been returned to o2. Customer sales then explained that the watch needed to be confirmed as returned at their end before we could get the correct watch sent out. I tried calling multiple times over the next 3 days (long call queues and call drop offs were frequent), frustration levels getting higher but eventually had a confirmation that the watch was back with them. We then went through the process of reordering the correct watch but after going through the checks, I was refused with the sales person telling me that they couldn’t explain why. They advised me to try ordering through the app after another 24hrs. I did this but had the same result being refused after the credit check. I don’t understand why this is as I have used Experian to check my credit ( not that I needed to as I know my credit is all good) but this did confirm that there were no issues. The reason given when I tried to order the watch again  online was that I had ‘already taken out the maximum number of accounts allowed’… what the hell does that mean? I only have one account for the new iphone and the watch had been returned and marked as returned!!!

I then called customer services again and they have referred me to the credit file referrals email to whom I have sent 3 emails without reply. As you can imagine, my frustration levels are at the max now and for someone who suffers with anxiety and depression, this leaves me feeling like nobody is listening and at an all time low. I don’t know where to turn now. I have trawled through the o2 community and can see that there are numerous people facing similar issues with no response from the credit referral team. I know this may seem trivial to some people but I feel completely ignored, frustrated, neglected and at an all time low. Is there anybody that can help me with this please?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@ShayMcCann 

That means you are only allowed one account, did you log in as you before trying to take watch out?

Unfortunately the credit referrals team, can take there time to come back to you and they can take upto 7-10 days, and they may come back and still say no. Also they are not customer facing..

Also as well continually applying for credit and getting hard credit checks are going to affect your credit file.  Your Credit Score is a fictional number made up by the CRA's to sell you products, its your credit file o2 look at, and you aren't guaranteed credit from anyone. 

I'm not sure if they will be able to help but I will tag the o2gurus and see if they can shed any light for you @O2Ryan and @O2Emma can you help at all??

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

ShayMcCann
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, any help would be appreciated as I’m at a loss as to what to do now. I have just passed my 14 day ‘cooling off period’ so cannot return the phone and go elsewhere… I do wish I had now. I know the initial mistake was mine in ordering the wrong watch and you’re probably right that continually trying to place another order/open another account has been detrimental. Maybe I’ve been lucky in the past but I have never spent so much time trying to sort out - what should be - a simple return and reorder… sigh

Message 3 of 7

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @madasaf1sh I pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 4 of 7

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @ShayMcCann I will need to send you a private message .

signature
Message 5 of 7

Lokendra
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Emma 

Hi Emma, I have a similar problem. I have ordered two SIM only deals earlier that went through fine. Now, I am not able to order apple watch as it suggests that you can only order maximum two subscriptions.

I am surprised as I have a very good credit history and have never been declined, that also for such a small transaction.

Regards,

Loks 

Message 6 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Lokendra 

@O2Emma  is not back on shift till Monday. 

As a new customer o2 restrict the number of contracts that you can have, it's a business decision which Customer Services cant overturn... 

There are also no guarantees that you will be accepted for the Apple Watch, due to o2's appetite for risk etc. 

Dont forget Apple do credit plans for the Apple Watch, and then you may be able to add it your existing sim only contract. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 7