Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud

Neilberg1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I found out that sometime in 2017 my ex wife took out a mobile phone contract with o2 in my name without telling me and gave the phone to her friend. I managed to cancel the contract myself sometime between September- December 2017. I paid around £110 to cancel contract. I have recently been advised that my ex wife should have paid to have contract cancelled and I would very much like all the details of how this transaction was processed by o2 and she was allowed to commit fraud without me knowing.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Neilberg1 If she knew your phone number, email address and account password it would have been pretty easy.

Take a look here: Fraud advice | Help & Support | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As the contract was in your name then you were liable for all fees for cancellation

Your wife committed fraud if you were not aware of the contract she had taken out

You should have reported the fraud at the time to the police if you felt aggrieved

Why wait 3 years?

O2 will tell you that you need to recoup the money from your ex-wife either through the small claims court or by some private arrangement between the two of you

I wish you the best of luck in obtaining the money from her

Message 3 of 3