cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feel like I am being ripped off

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am currently paying £32 a month (usually £40 because my phone always rings voicemail??) for 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 750mb of data.

As you can see the tariff I seem to be on is VERY out of date and with people paying £10-15 for unlimited minutes, texts and 1-2GB of data.

I have tried the O2 shop and even contact and all they do is refer me to 'upgrading' my phone.. But I don't wish to pay even more out... as you can see it feels like Im just being negelected and ripped off and I have been with 02 for as long as I can remember.

What can i do? I am seriously thinking about stopping the direct debit and going with someone else like 3 or Giff Gaff.

Message 1 of 35
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

First off, cancelling the direct debit would be very foolish. Debt collectors will hound you and credit rating would be severely affected.

Look in My O2 to see what options are available. Tariffs change all the time as networks compete but whilst I sympathise, you were happy to sign up to your present tariff at the time.

Are you on refresh? If so you could sell the phone and pay off the handset leaving you free to cancel the airtime. You could also look at paying off the remainder of your contract if it's just a standard contract.

Your options are quite limited.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I also add that I'm also paying even more extra £3-£6 a month just to buy more data because my data doesn't even last me half of the month anymore..

Message 2 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

How long do you have left on your contract?

Message 3 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any other option of tariff will show in your myo2 or by ringing O2 on 202. Give them a try. 

You never know as it can depend on which agent you speak to. 

DO NOT stop your direct debit. This can result in loss of service, debt collectors and a mark on your credit file for 6 years even after you've paid it off 

Message 4 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Until April next year..
Message 5 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Only one with an extra 1GB or 2GB for like another extra tenner a month...
Message 6 of 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

First off, cancelling the direct debit would be very foolish. Debt collectors will hound you and credit rating would be severely affected.

Look in My O2 to see what options are available. Tariffs change all the time as networks compete but whilst I sympathise, you were happy to sign up to your present tariff at the time.

Are you on refresh? If so you could sell the phone and pay off the handset leaving you free to cancel the airtime. You could also look at paying off the remainder of your contract if it's just a standard contract.

Your options are quite limited.

Message 7 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I also add that I'm also paying even more extra £3-£6 a month just to buy more data because my data doesn't even last me half of the month anymore..

Have you considered apps such as Onavo Extend ?

Use WiFi when and where possible. 

Try not to stream content on mobile data and update apps etc on wifi only too. 

Heres tips. 

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-clever-ways-to-reduce-data-usage/

https://ting.com/blog/six-simple-tips-to-save-money-on-smartphone-mobile-data/

Message 8 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

The contract I did was a while ago with a Z10 on o2 refresh.. but the phone broke after what.. a couple of months? So I had to get myself an iPhone 4.. 

So I suppose the only best way is to pay the remaining of the contract?

Message 9 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use WiFi alot of the time at home and work and still manage to run iut.. 750mb is not enough any more.. I thought they would have offered a tariff change by now to meet with competitors but doesn't seem so
Message 10 of 35