Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault with internet and phone line and loss of communications on 6th Dec 2018

LorraineS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would like to make a complaint about the loss of internet and communication error with my mobile phone line on 6th December 2018.  Several people attempted to call me and simply got the message that my phone was switched off, when in fact it wasn't. I had been sending messages for most of the day, which were not received by the recipients until 4 hours later!  I had two appointments to attend, for which I was waiting for calls and messages to confirm times and missed out on both meetings.

While I can appreciate that technical issues can occur, it still caused problems for me. I have tried contacting O2 but have been unable to get through,due, I imagine, to the huge amount of calls from other disgruntled customers. I understand that O2 are prepared to compensate customers for the inconvenience caused and will wait to receive that. Hopefully O2 will not need to be chased for this and will simply reimburse customers automatically. Here's hoping!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@LorraineS

From O2:

• For our Pay Monthly customers, SMB business customers and mobile broadband customers we will be crediting two days of monthly airtime subscription charges by the end of January 
• For our Pay As You Go customers we will be giving a 10% credit on a top-up in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available 
• For our Pay As You Go mobile broadband customers we will be giving a 10% discount on a Bolt On purchase in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You will be automatically compensated before the end of January.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@LorraineS

From O2:

• For our Pay Monthly customers, SMB business customers and mobile broadband customers we will be crediting two days of monthly airtime subscription charges by the end of January 
• For our Pay As You Go customers we will be giving a 10% credit on a top-up in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available 
• For our Pay As You Go mobile broadband customers we will be giving a 10% discount on a Bolt On purchase in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

DanielPA
  • 52 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for reporting issues with the network. As others have mentioned above, we have an official topic about this so we're locking this thread to keep the conversation in one please. Please use this thread for updates and to share your feedback. 

Thanks, 

The community team. 

Message 4 of 4