cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing security check with carphone warehouse

Anonymous
Not applicable

tried to get the S7 on a monthly contract with carphone warehouse and they said i failed their security checks and that i shoud contact o2. I contacted o2 and they said to contact carphone warehouse.. anyone experienced this issue?

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Cleoriff
  • 123025 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
lived at my present address for about 17 years or so

Are you living at home with parents then? (which is why you wouldn't have utility bills in your name I presume)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 41

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23116 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions
Message 22 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
yep, living with parents
Message 23 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the "I'm buying in store section", it says "I have a Chip and PIN credit or debit card" ... I gave my card details over the phone though and still got the security error
Message 24 of 41

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 25 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 123025 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

To be honest you would be best to just go instore with all your ID.

^^^^^^^ I would agree with that. My daughter in law got her new phone from CPW. She failed online went instore the next day and it went through with no problems. They couldn't tell her why it had failed though. Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
oh that's good to hear, i still have hope then! did she use the same card and details etc. and how recent was this?
Message 27 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 123025 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
oh that's good to hear, i still have hope then! did she use the same card and details etc. and how recent was this?

4 weeks ago. As far as I know nothing changed when she went instore. She only has one card. Thing is in October she actually changed address so we think it may have been that....However, she now has the S6 edge...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 41

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23116 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@Anonymous If you go in store, which you would be best advised to do as said by the others, bring as much ID as you have just to cover yourself. Provisional license is probably okay for photo ID, and if you're on the electoral roll, that would be a big help too. Please come back and let us know how you got on. It's always a help for anyone else who might be in the same situation as you are. Good luck. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 29 of 41

MI5
  • 144513 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
lived at my present address for about 17 years or so

Are you living at home with parents then? (which is why you wouldn't have utility bills in your name I presume)

But are you on the electoral register?

You won't get credit anywhere if not.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 30 of 41