Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Community Manager

FAQs: Pay Monthly

[ Edited ]

Hi all, welcome to the Pay Monthly board! Wave

If you are on a Pay Monthly contract or are thinking of getting one and have related questions, this is the place you can post your question to and get replies from other customers.

Please remember: if your query requires O2 to check any of your personal details on their system, then the community probably can't help as this forum consists of O2 customers who like to help each other out with general queries. Have you tried checking in My O2 in case you find anwers there regarding your account?

You can check out the below info created by our community members to help with frequently asked questions on Pay Monthly:

Account, billing and leaving O2:

Understanding your bill - charges and discounts:

Network coverage, International, Roaming:

Your phone and SIM:

Other helpful info:

Get involved: if you feel inspired and have any ideas on new help content to add to the above list, or if you'd like to create your own how-to guide, let us know! Thanks everyone who have already contributed on the above list - it is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Check out some of the recent discussions:
What do you look for in a new phone? Let us know what your priorities are when picking a new device!
MWC 2019 Megathread Seen any tech you’re interested in or want to know more about something? Tell us here!
Which O2 Academy gig are you most interested in this year? Check out what's coming up and let us know which gig you fancy!
Samsung S10 range - Pre-order now on O2 - Find out the latest info on Samsung's announcement and join the conversation! 

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Former Staff

Re: FAQs: Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

Thanks @Marjo Fantastic

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Anonymous

Re: FAQs: Pay Monthly

Hi, my phones contract runs out this weekend. Im with o2. I am getting the galaxy s8 from the s6. I was just wondering, does anyone know if when the 1st bill comes through on my new device. I am getting it on o2 again but i am ordering it from MOBILEPHONESDIRECT.
I was just wondering if anyone knows when the 1st bill will come through. Is it straight away. Or is it as soon as i order it or i dont know.
Topics: 518
Solutions: 10,363

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi, my phones contract runs out this weekend. Im with o2. I am getting the galaxy s8 from the s6. I was just wondering, does anyone know if when the 1st bill comes through on my new device. I am getting it on o2 again but i am ordering it from MOBILEPHONESDIRECT.
I was just wondering if anyone knows when the 1st bill will come through. Is it straight away. Or is it as soon as i order it or i dont know.

Answered here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Upgrading-to-a-new-device/m-p/1104115#M144460

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Community Manager

Hi all, just letting you know I've just edited the FAQs above so the content is categorised and there is now a clearer mention of not posting personal details, and a link in case anyone has queries related to accounts that could be solved via My O2. Smiley Happy 

We'll be updating more of these board-specific FAQs during today across the different community sections. I remember with some of you we had a discussion recently around FAQs and I'd like to look into this with all of you soon if you'd like to help me out with improving these topics. Smiley Happy So I'll bump that feedback topic soon as well!

Hope you're all enjoying your day!

Check out some of the recent discussions:
What do you look for in a new phone? Let us know what your priorities are when picking a new device!
MWC 2019 Megathread Seen any tech you’re interested in or want to know more about something? Tell us here!
Which O2 Academy gig are you most interested in this year? Check out what's coming up and let us know which gig you fancy!
Samsung S10 range - Pre-order now on O2 - Find out the latest info on Samsung's announcement and join the conversation! 

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 649

Looks good @Marjo Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 530
Solutions: 3,309

Zoe
Level 1: Joiner

Hi Everyone.

I have been with 02 for a few years. Just upgraded from an iPhone 6+ to an iPhone Xs Max (space grey, 256GB) with a 2 year contract. The list price for this device on the Apple website is £1,249. With payment plan I have, I seem to be paying a total of £1,408 for the device so I'm a little confused. I paid £100 upfront and £54.50 per month for the device plan part of my monthly payments. Is my maths correct? If so, should I be paying more for the device than I would do if I bought the device directly from Apple?

Many thanks in advance.

Zoe

Topics: 518
Solutions: 10,363

You pay the price advertised that O2 decide to sell at I'm afraid.
Might have been an idea to check the math before buying, which incidentally you are correct on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Level 4: Observant

@Zoe Remember also that you are buying the phone on credit, therefore to do a proper comparison the price of the phone from Apple should include their credit charge for paying in the same number of monthly installments.