Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra charge on my monthly bill?

mike357
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

why am i being charged an extra £1 on my bill. It appears to be for messages but my contract is unlimited messages and calls? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you sent any MMS (picture) messages? There are not included in any allowances.
Or have you sent any messages to any short code (5 digit) or chargeable numbers? These are normally not included either. For instance - competition entry, voting for TV shows.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you sent any MMS (picture) messages? There are not included in any allowances.
Or have you sent any messages to any short code (5 digit) or chargeable numbers? These are normally not included either. For instance - competition entry, voting for TV shows.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
MMS or international messages are not included, nor texts to some short codes.
MMS help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi was not a ware that you charge if photos you send ,make sure i don't send photos in that case sandy

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi was not a ware that you charge if photos you send ,make sure i don't send photos in that case sandy

There are many apps you can use to send photos for free these days.

WhatsApp, Facebook, BBM etc.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5