Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Contract and Airtime Query

Cat123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I’m really hoping someone here can help me as I cannot get in contact with customer services for obvious reasons.

My contract is up in July and o2 has said I can upgrade now. I am on a new refresh contract (think that’s what it’s called) with £40 something left to pay on my device plan. My airtime bill charge has always been £12.60 - it tells me this on the screen that also tells me my device plan amount - but when i click “view my tariff” there is a value of £25.26 - and it states that this value is the cost of my airtime plan. I think I had a discount on the phone when i got my phone which could explain the difference in my tariff?

I don’t want to upgrade as my phone is still in great condition. What will happen to my charges when the contract ends? Will I just continued to be charged the £12.60 as always or will it be £25.60?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93331 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You pay only airtime as your contract then becomes a 30 day contract

You can also upgrade through My O2 to a better value sim only plan

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Message 2 of 8

Cat123
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
o2 originally told me that i would only need to pay the £12.60 when my contract ends but I have now received a text to say that I will be paying £25.26. Anyone know why this has changed to the higher value?
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 147070 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@Cat123 

Have you rolled over into another month?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

Cat123
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Nope
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 147070 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@Cat123 

Only customer service can explain it then Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 8

Cat123
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 147070 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
Good luck
Message 8 of 8