cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early termination

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently had to leave O2, and I have been billed for early termination charges.

I changed to EE and am actually paying a higher amount than I was with O2 for the same tariff so am now being penalised twice.

I spoke to an adviser and explained everything. The reason for leaving was simply that we moved home and the signal was very poor, most of the time non existent, I was paying for a service I was not able to get. O2 must take some responsibility for this, so how do I get this charge deleted?
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As you have been advised, simply stopping paying for a contract because you move to an area without signal is not an option and of course termination fees apply. You could try going down the complaints route via the link at the foot of the page but this is really something that should have been done after you moved.

When you took out the contract you had coverage therefore O2 fulfilled their side of the contract. Why you weren't advised about using TuGo I have no idea though to be honest it has been widely publicised and O2 do use it as a selling point.

Message 11 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a transcript from a chat with o2 explaining the problem in detail, they never once mentioned TuGo. I could at least have tried that on my iPhone. Maybe I have a case for a complaint regarding poor Customer service.

Message 12 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a transcript from a chat with o2 explaining the problem in detail, they never once mentioned TuGo. I could at least have tried that on my iPhone. Maybe I have a case for a complaint regarding poor Customer service.

It does seem a poor experience and what you do about it is up to you. However, have a look through the Tugo link I provided and see if you think it may help...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 29

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

No guarantees but it's worth a try http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I appreciate your advice and help but I am now with EE, so its not really worth trying the tugo
Message 15 of 29

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It is your only possible way to stop the charge but as I said previously, it should have been done before. The fact that you weren't told about TuGo may help. Good luck, I think you may need it.

Message 16 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll try the 'Duty of Care' route as they certainly appear to have let me down going by what everyone is saying about tugo. Problem is now I can't email a complaint. Anyone have an email address?
Message 17 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I appreciate your advice and help but I am now with EE, so its not really worth trying the tugo

Apologies...I missed the part where you said you had moved to EE..... Of course TuGo would be no use now (other than to show you what you had missed out on) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 29

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I'll try the 'Duty of Care' route as they certainly appear to have let me down going by what everyone is saying about tugo. Problem is now I can't email a complaint. Anyone have an email address?

The complaints process is on the link I gave you above http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 29

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 20 of 29