cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early cancellation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I called customer services as my phone had broken and asked if I could cancel my contract on the 19th July as I had been offered a good deal elsewhere, my normal contract date would have been October but they said I had the three month upgrade thing. I double checked I could cancel in July and was told that would be fine. Low and behold I go to cancel my contract and am being told I'm not allowed to. Has anyone else had the issue of being told two completely different things from staff all employed and trained by O2? They're becoming a joke. Nothing but problems for the last year. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I called customer services as my phone had broken and asked if I could cancel my contract on the 19th July as I had been offered a good deal elsewhere, my normal contract date would have been October but they said I had the three month upgrade thing. I double checked I could cancel in July and was told that would be fine. Low and behold I go to cancel my contract and am being told I'm not allowed to. Has anyone else had the issue of being told two completely different things from staff all employed and trained by O2? They're becoming a joke. Nothing but problems for the last year. 

Hi,

Did you use Live Chat to get this information ?

Use 202 to speak to Uk 02 Customer Services for account information.

You can cancel your Pay Monthly Contract at any time you want, but if you have remaining months left on this contract, then you will have to pay those remaining months up to leave early.

The other option is to wait and give them 30 days notice when your contract is near to full term and they will send you your final bill.

If you want to retain your number then ask for the PAC code. When your new network uses this it will effectively end your contact and then the final bill from 02 will be sent.

A PAC must be used by you within 30 days of issue.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Hi,

Did you use Live Chat to get this information ?

Use 202 to speak to Uk 02 Customer Services for account information.

You can cancel your Pay Monthly Contract at any time you want, but if you have remaining months left on this contract, then you will have to pay those remaining months up to leave early.

The other option is to wait and give them 30 days notice when your contract is near to full term and they will send you your final bill.

If you want to retain your number then ask for the PAC code. When your new network uses this it will effectively end your contact and then the final bill from 02 will be sent.

A PAC must be used by you within 30 days of issue.

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I don't think the early upgrade equates to early end of contract, that's pretty basic knowledge whoever told you that is either worryingly misinformed or just wanted to fob you off to get you off the phone/web.
Either way that's pretty shocking. Maybe if you speak to manager they'll allow you to cancel early after what happened without paying off the last months, but I doubt it.
Message 3 of 3