cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downing package

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there anyway you can down your package? don't use my 2gb data and barley use any of my free minutes paying a lot of money a month
Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

No sorry....you can't downgrade...(unless you are on a 30 day sim only tariff). Otherwise you would have to change at contract end...

Edited to say O2 removed the option to downgrade in March 2012

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

No sorry....you can't downgrade...(unless you are on a 30 day sim only tariff). Otherwise you would have to change at contract end...

Edited to say O2 removed the option to downgrade in March 2012

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 21

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there anyway you can down your package? 

2209-smug-spongebob.jpg

Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

The answer is no unfortunately 

Message 4 of 21

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
There are ways of reducing your monthly outlay - how desperate are you to reduce your bill?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 21

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Well that's odd, I had the option inside my O2 to move one up or one down. But it's not available on the refresh tariff
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Terms and conditions were changed in March 2012 and if anyone took out a contract after that date they could no longer lower their tariff. They can cancel any bolt ons they have but that, buying out the contract or paying off device plan are the only options.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 21

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You used to be able to drop down a tariff which was equivalent to £5 a month but that was stopped a few years ago now.
With refresh, you have the option to pay off the phone and drop to sim only but it all depends how important it is to the customer to reduce the monthly out going cost.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 21

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
That odd, because I still had that option. Not sure about now because I tried to see what options was available there but as I've just upgraded it tells me I can only change my tariff once every 30 days. PS. My line is not on refresh.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 9 of 21

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:
That odd, because I still had that option. Not sure about now because I tried to see what options was available there but as I've just upgraded it tells me I can only change my tariff once every 30 days. PS. My line is not on refresh.

Not sure why you still have the option. As said, downgrading was stopped a few years ago.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Can I change my tariff at a later date?

You can upgrade your tariff at any time, and you can move back the tariff you originally upgraded to, however you won’t be able to reduce your tariff to a lower one until your next upgrade.

You will not be able to move to a lower priced tariff.

Message 10 of 21