Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted with repair service and customer service

Cygnetuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 18 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

O2  have lost my custom for good!  I have had bad experiences in the past but this latest matter has been the final straw.  Last week I sent a HTC8X phone in for repair under warranty because the charging connector was faulty and I had to hold the plug in a certain way to charge it

On Monday I read on the repair tracking site that it was not a warranty repair and a quotation had been raised for its repair. After 24 hours I had still not received the quote, so contacted them to be told that the phone was water damaged and they couldn't yet tell me what the repair cost would be. I knew there was no way at all that it was water damaged so  an hour later I called them back to challenge this finding. I was then told it wasn't water damaged and THEY ADMITTED THE GIRL I ORIGINALLY SPOKE TO HAD LIED TO ME. Miraculously they then had the quote of 50 quid to repair the phone as they maintained it was accidental damage, something which I also refuse to agree to as it is simple wear and tear and appears to be a fault others have suffered with.

I was so angry I told them to return the phone unrepaired, then last night I received an email telling me my REPAIRED phone had been despatched by courier to me. I thought well maybe they have done it as a goodwill gesture However when it arrived this morning it wasn't repaired, so another mistake/lie. And furthermore it wont even charge by holding the plug as it would before, so it has come back in even worse condition than it was sent !  

Yesterday evening I got a text survey from them over my experience and having given them a negative all the way through this morning they have phoned me to offer me a replacement refurbished phone, but it will be one far inferior to the phone I already have , and having researched it further it also seems it wasn't even a windows system phone like the 8X that they were offering. I wanted this particular phone so much that considering my usage I pay far more per month that I needed to and use hardly any calls at all so to be given an inferior phone is another insult.

I am totally disgusted with this sort of attitude, what if having been told it was water damage I had immediately gone out and bought a replacement phone ?? I could have been hundreds of pounds out of pocket.

When I was in retail I was told that one dissatisfied customer wipes out the benefits of 20 happy ones, and I am one VERY disgusted and dissatisfied customer, and I will cancel the benefits of far more than 20 happy ones !!

Get your act together O2 and treat customers with the respect we deserve and above all make sure your staff do not tell lies !!!!!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cygnetuk
  • 18 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I have heard from the Complaints Review Service this morning and they are going to cover the cost of the repair to my phone.

Interstingly as well rather than having to post it like last time I was also offered the option of a courier service. Considering that even if an item is posted using Royal Mail special delivery it is only insured to a maximum of £50 the courier is a much better option !

Thanks to all for comments and help !

Wes

Message 11 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions