Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted with repair service and customer service

Cygnetuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 18 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

O2  have lost my custom for good!  I have had bad experiences in the past but this latest matter has been the final straw.  Last week I sent a HTC8X phone in for repair under warranty because the charging connector was faulty and I had to hold the plug in a certain way to charge it

On Monday I read on the repair tracking site that it was not a warranty repair and a quotation had been raised for its repair. After 24 hours I had still not received the quote, so contacted them to be told that the phone was water damaged and they couldn't yet tell me what the repair cost would be. I knew there was no way at all that it was water damaged so  an hour later I called them back to challenge this finding. I was then told it wasn't water damaged and THEY ADMITTED THE GIRL I ORIGINALLY SPOKE TO HAD LIED TO ME. Miraculously they then had the quote of 50 quid to repair the phone as they maintained it was accidental damage, something which I also refuse to agree to as it is simple wear and tear and appears to be a fault others have suffered with.

I was so angry I told them to return the phone unrepaired, then last night I received an email telling me my REPAIRED phone had been despatched by courier to me. I thought well maybe they have done it as a goodwill gesture However when it arrived this morning it wasn't repaired, so another mistake/lie. And furthermore it wont even charge by holding the plug as it would before, so it has come back in even worse condition than it was sent !  

Yesterday evening I got a text survey from them over my experience and having given them a negative all the way through this morning they have phoned me to offer me a replacement refurbished phone, but it will be one far inferior to the phone I already have , and having researched it further it also seems it wasn't even a windows system phone like the 8X that they were offering. I wanted this particular phone so much that considering my usage I pay far more per month that I needed to and use hardly any calls at all so to be given an inferior phone is another insult.

I am totally disgusted with this sort of attitude, what if having been told it was water damage I had immediately gone out and bought a replacement phone ?? I could have been hundreds of pounds out of pocket.

When I was in retail I was told that one dissatisfied customer wipes out the benefits of 20 happy ones, and I am one VERY disgusted and dissatisfied customer, and I will cancel the benefits of far more than 20 happy ones !!

Get your act together O2 and treat customers with the respect we deserve and above all make sure your staff do not tell lies !!!!!!

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cygnetuk
  • 18 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I have heard from the Complaints Review Service this morning and they are going to cover the cost of the repair to my phone.

Interstingly as well rather than having to post it like last time I was also offered the option of a courier service. Considering that even if an item is posted using Royal Mail special delivery it is only insured to a maximum of £50 the courier is a much better option !

Thanks to all for comments and help !

Wes

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I would raise a formal complaint with o2 we see too many of this type of post (o2 outsource the repair) http://www.o2.co.uk/support/consumer-and-complaints-code-of-practice look for the impartial review service and please only do it by email.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Send the phone off to HTC for the warranty repair. O2's repairers are well known for these types of water damage claims and our advice has always been to go direct to the manufacturer. There are many threads on here about their shoddy service so search in the box at the top for Anovo.

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully this feedback will be supplied up the chain to highlight these issues.

I agree with contacting the phones manufacturers directly.
Message 4 of 12

Cygnetuk
  • 18 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Thanks for this advice .. I have sent an email to them with all the details .. will wait to see !
Message 5 of 12

Cygnetuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 18 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
again thanks .. I will do this and add to the "experiences "
Message 6 of 12

Cygnetuk
  • 18 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

it gets better

I had put the above text on the O2 facebook page and they have asked a few questions the last one being

'Can you tell us more about why you were told it was water damaged Wes'

Sorry I dont know .. why don't you ask your staff who lied to me by teling me it was water damaged!!

Unbeleivable

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is that the team who look after the Facebook page won't know who told you it was water damaged or why. Its an external company that do the repairs for O2.

I think phones being "water damaged" is just a default reason that the repair company use when they don't know how to fix a problem, or just can't be bothered to fix it!

Ultimately though, it is a problem for O2 and so it would probably be useful for you to provide someone at O2 with as much information about your complaint as possible so they can look into it for you. Possibly best not putting all that information on facebook though and instead going through the official complaints process.

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I too have had an issue this week with O2 repair where they were claiming the handset had unauthorised work carried out. I have just sent an email to complaintreviewservice@o2.com
Message 9 of 12

Cygnetuk
  • 18 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Did you post it to Norwich ? The Anovo repair company? They seem to do almost all O2 repairs.

Also out of interest did you check on the repairs tracker website. There was a considerable delay between it stating mine wasnt covered by a warranty and any infomation being received.

I hope you get some satisfaction with complaints review!

Message 10 of 12