cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed with O2 Signal and more disappointed with tech response

Anonymous
Not applicable

SO...

I've suffered silently for months with a signal issue in my work postcode SW1E5HJ. I have 3g intermittently up until around 1pm every day, then it drops out and I have no 3g at all, until a varying time each day when it goes back to being intermittent. This has only started happening recently, as I used to be able to make uninterupted viber/skype calls, but now it's a nightmare trying to get ANY signal let alone a usable one.

I've spoken to customer service, who didn't do much to help (the first time they just ended my chat session mid enquiry), the second time they passed me on to a tech guru, whos advice was interesting to say the least.

I was informed that the two NEAREST masts to me are 2G, this is why I get poor 3G connection, and their only advice to me about improving my 3G connection was to walk down the road. (not very helpful). They said that my particular postcode was a blackspot for 3g, regardless of what the coverage map says online, and that I could expect this to stay like that for the forseeable future. (Which I am confused by as it USED to work fine, but has deteriorated now)

I've been told they do not compensate for loss of service, and I've been told repeatedly that ther is NO issue in my area and my local masts are all fine. When I check on the status checker it usually says that my connection has no issues, it NEVER tells me that theres traffic on the masts etc. yet I still get signal drop out. at this specific time daily.

I'd grin and bear it, but my partner lives overseas and I rely on my data connection to keep in touch. I have had to regularly pay £80-90 phone bills just for the privilege of a two second phone call every day to say 'my data doesn't work' and that's it.

I've never really had an issue with o2 before, but this has just become ridiculous, and the tech guys seem to not care because it ONLY affects me in their eyes.

I'm running out of options really, and it looks like I'm going to have to jump ship for a new network, but just wondering what you guys think I can do?

Thanks in advance,

Jon 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just out of curiosity, does theS3 support dualsim then? (Saw yoursig)

Not "out of the box" but I use a magic sim adapter.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 12

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Sorry to hear about this, feel free to send me a message and we can have a chat. I'm Toby, the O2 Community Coordinator slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 12