Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct debit issues

M_Nimmo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can Anyone advise me on what to do here, I just took out a new contract and on the payment date 4 separate direct debits were set up and withdrawn all with separate payment references. Customers services are saying that only one matches my account and only one payment has been applied to my O2 account and to do anything I need to get the contract holders connected to the other payments to contact them as they can't discuss these with me. It is impossible for me to know who these payments are connected to. I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall with them

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@M_Nimmo 

If they aren't yours just cancel them with your bank and let O2 deal with the fallout.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6325 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@M_Nimmo 

If these spurious direct debits have already paid out, you need to be speaking to your bank about chargeback and the direct debit guarantee in order to try to recover your money. 

Did you deal with O2 online or by telephone when taking out your new contract, did you do it in an O2 retail store or was a third-party involved ?    

Message 3 of 3