cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deposit paid

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
I placed an order last night and had to pay a deposit. I've had several emails with the terms & condition etc and wondered how long does it take to process please? I've logged on to My o2 and only my contact details in on there, nothing else. If there's nothing in my account (tried to find my order but nothing), does this mean they've declined me? I paid a hefty deposit plus the upfront cost of the phone. If anyone has been through this, I'd appreciate any info. Thanks!

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous make sure you check your bank account daily for the credit but you will need to take this further via the complaints process . 

Can I ask one question has the money actually been debited from your account I.e. showing as gone out to o2 or just held as a holding fee ? 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 31 of 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
They might not have actually taken the deposit.
Usually it will be held by your bank until it’s called for but if not called for will return to your account in around 4 days time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 38

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@MI5 Just was editing for additional info 

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 33 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it says o2 in my pending balance
Message 34 of 38

MI5
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It’s still actually in your account then but invisible for a few days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 35 of 38

MI5
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@adamtemp64wrote:

@MI5 Just was editing for additional info 

thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 36 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I placed the order, instead of refusing me they wanted a £475 deposit plus £19.99 for the upfront cost and after I paid that, it said the order has been successfully placed. I had all the small print in 5 emails asking me to read and sign which I did straight away. I only went on chat on the off chance and it was then they told me it was refused. No email nothing. I phoned them too and told me they could put me through to sales as they can turn it around. I was holding for awhile and the person told me they wouldnt do this for me. I'm absolutely disgusted of they way I've been treated. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise but it's left me without a phone. Would you like a sim contract? No I friggin don't otherwise I'd have applied for one. Fuming!

Message 37 of 38

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous one last question live chat or speaking to o2 on the phone ?

OOps edit just seen both 

Apple Watch series 4

Message 38 of 38