cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deposit for Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
I applied for an iPhone 6 and got accepted but they asked for a £100 deposit, I left the page on Internet open and went to the bank to pay in the £100 for deposit, got back and screen said server error please try again. So I did it again and then asked me for a £300 deposit, I called customer services who weren't sure why that happened and did another application for me that then asked for a £400 deposit. I presume that is because of the 3 credit checks done within an hour of each other. How can I get it back down to the £100 deposit as I think it's a bit of a joke that my credit file has been so damaged in an hour by O2 because of a system fault on there Internet.
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
But computer said yes with £100 deposit, how can it then go up to £400 in under an hour?

As others have said, it's almost certainly down to the number of seperate credit checks which O2 have carried out within a short period of time. I don't think there is anything that O2 can do to reduce the amount of deposit you need to pay unless you randomly managed to take a screenshot of the initial £100 deposit as proof (even then I don't know whether it would mean anything)..

Be patient, wait a week or so and try again.

I don't care what rank I am and neither should anyone else.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
System fault on their website I mean.
Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Wait a week and try again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's certainly because of the related credit checks. Initially the web page would have timed you out I'm afraid so not a website error as such.

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is a week going to be long enough? I'm so annoyed.
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Surely there should be something thy can do as they will see I was originally offered it with a deposit of £100?
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd wait until tomorrow after Apples event as you may rather get a potential new iPhone 

Message 7 of 13

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Surely there should be something thy can do as they will see I was originally offered it with a deposit of £100?

It's a case of 'computer says no'.....

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
But computer said yes with £100 deposit, how can it then go up to £400 in under an hour?
Message 9 of 13

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

As others have said, it's almost certainly down to the number of seperate credit checks which O2 have carried out within a short period of time. I don't think there is anything that O2 can do to reduce the amount of deposit you need to pay unless you randomly managed to take a screenshot of the initial £100 deposit as proof (even then I don't know whether it would mean anything)..

Be patient, wait a week or so and try again.

I don't care what rank I am and neither should anyone else.
Message 10 of 13