cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Not Working - O2 say nothing wrong

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contacted O2 on Thursday afternoon to have my number transferred to a new pay monthly SIM. Since around 6 PM the phone has not worked - when trying to make calls I get a message saying "Not registered on Network" and when anyone trys calling me they hear "The number you have called is not recognised, please check the number". I have spent well over an hour on live chat to several different advisors, who go through the same questions and get nowhere. I was assured yesterday around 4 PM that it would be working within a couple of hours - 20 hours later still not working. According to O2 there is no bars on my account and no problems with the service in the area. I have tried my SIM in another phone and still not registered on network and have tried a different SIM in my phone and it works fine so the problem is not with my phone. The live chat has currently been offline for the last hour or so that I have tried to get in contact with O2 and I have no other way of contacting them as I have no landline. Any idea what is wrong?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

The O2 site has been having problems so it may well be that your sim swap hasn't worked yet You will need to try again....

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

If you have no other way of contacting O2 then you may have to go instore and get them to activate it for you

https://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?NEW,Kb=Companion,Ts=Webforms,T=SIMactivation

Also please try turning your phone off and back on again...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like the sim swap didn't go through properly 

you could try live chat if you have no other way of contacting O2 

Message 3 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

They have tried live chat @Anonymous. They have been offline for over an hour according to the OP..

I think the network/site is experiencing various glitches from what I am reading:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

They have tried live chat @Anonymous. They have been offline for over an hour according to the OP..

I think the network/site is experiencing various glitches from what I am reading:smileysad:

I've only just come on so I don't know anything about what's been happening 

Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You are using the new sim card?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 17

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It sounds as though your old sim has been disconnected but your new sim not connected.You really need to speak to them but weekends are very difficult. Live chat can't really help you with this as they are outsourced.

Use the link on how to complain at the foot of the page. That should give you the chat option of a UK adviser.

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies, finally got through to live chat around 4pm. Was assured my new SIM would be working yesterday and yet again it did not work. Decided just to cancel the contract instead.

Message 8 of 17

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Can't really blame you in all honesty. These days o2 are getting the simplest of things so wrong.

Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Just make sure it does get cancelled....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 17