cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Not Working - O2 say nothing wrong

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contacted O2 on Thursday afternoon to have my number transferred to a new pay monthly SIM. Since around 6 PM the phone has not worked - when trying to make calls I get a message saying "Not registered on Network" and when anyone trys calling me they hear "The number you have called is not recognised, please check the number". I have spent well over an hour on live chat to several different advisors, who go through the same questions and get nowhere. I was assured yesterday around 4 PM that it would be working within a couple of hours - 20 hours later still not working. According to O2 there is no bars on my account and no problems with the service in the area. I have tried my SIM in another phone and still not registered on network and have tried a different SIM in my phone and it works fine so the problem is not with my phone. The live chat has currently been offline for the last hour or so that I have tried to get in contact with O2 and I have no other way of contacting them as I have no landline. Any idea what is wrong?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm just wondering if your mobile number is now floating around in some sort of hyperspace. ...

Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

The number never transferred back to my pay and go SIM card like they were supposed to do, ended up on live chat again. The advisor informed me that the previous one hadn't actually submitted my cancellation request either. Long story short, last night I was convinced to give O2 another chance, would have a working phone this morning...which obviously has not happened.

I don't understand why I hear the message "The number you have called is not recognised, please check the number" when the number is dialled if my number is successfully active on pay montly like all the advisors have told me. None of them have answered that question for me either... Mexican Wave

More info

Message 12 of 17

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You would be better advised to call off a landline on the number in this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Live chat are obviously missing something on your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a landline, that is why my mobile not working and having to use live chat was such a hassle. I have spent over 8 hours the past week on the live chat, 2 days ago someone finally realised something wasn't activated- though apparently this would have to be done manually and would take 3-5 days. I then requested my account be cancelled, checked to make sure it would definitely be done, was assured it would be within 24 hours and I would not be billed. 48 hours later I find my number reactivated and my contract not cancelled. 

Message 14 of 17

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I guess they found the setting at last.
At least you can call them to cancel now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I guess they found the setting at last.
At least you can call them to cancel now.

All hoping they know how to do it.....as it hasn't happened yet. They seem to have reactivated the account...:smileysad::

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 17

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Hence the need to call to cancel wink

Currently using:
Message 17 of 17