cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay call and text reception - missing important calls [Trying again]

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear O2,

I missed a very important call this morning at 1032am. My phone never rang but 23 minutes afterwards I got a 'missed call' text from you informing me of this missed call. There was no voicemail either.

I have been experiencing periodic delayed reception of text messages for up to one hour. I have also been experiencing periodic delayed reception of 'missed call' text messages for up to one hour. My friends tell me that's the story of their lives as well and it must be a "mobile phone thing".

This is a recurring situation which I have raised with your support via Twitter. We have had many months of back and forth on this issue without a resolution. The usual story is, in synopsis: "This is not our problem, it's yours". They inevitably blame my phone and SIM card. Twice they promised to send a replacement SIM. More than five months later - nada! zilch!

In anticipation of your questions, the answers are:

1. No, it does not always happen in the same postcode
  2. No, I do not know the postcodes in which it happens to my friends or the people calling/texting me at the time
  3. Sorry, unfortunately I haven't got another iPhone in which to place my SIM
  4. No, sorry, I don't know anyone with another iPhone that I can borrow.
  5. I have an iPhone 5 iOS8.3

Can I please have a definitive solution to this problem? If it cannot be fixed, can you please be pragmatic enough and release me from my contract and let me find another provider with a more customer-service-led approach?

Thanks

WA

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You will probably get more support and insight here but there are some O2 staff who post in their own capacity to help along with the administration team on here. Unfortunately no one has access to your account or personal details. For that you need call customer services or if desperate use live chat.

Bear in mind that people on here give their time voluntarily. 

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cleoriff,

Thanks for letting me know that.

It was my expectation that once I pay for a service, that the service providers would provide me with service and help me should I have a problem. I've been asking O2 for help through various channels without a successful resolution to date.

This forum is akin to me asking friends and colleagues if they have had similar problems and how they dealt with it so that I can try it. That's fine when I am not paying for a service, but when I pay for a service, I have a minimum expectation of customer service - which O2 is not providing.

But now that you have clarified this, me thinks it's time to move to OFCOM with a complaint. I have been at this since last year without any resolution.

Thanks again Cleoriff.

TA

Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jonsie,

Thanks for your guidance. But been there done that.

Done live chat. Done telephone. Done Twitter. Doing this forum now ONLY because of the advice that is posted on their contact us page.

Am going to write to them a final letter and then I'll go to OFCOM.

Thanks again.

TA

Message 13 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Myself I'd stick it on 2g only, the delay in messages as well as the calls not connecting could be due to poor or weak signals.
Message 14 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You cannot get OFCOM to deal with any complaint you might have, first you need to make a formal complaint to O2: 

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

If that becomes impossible to resolve you can then approach the Ombudsman to look at it further.

OFCOM do not resolve individual complaints.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 15