cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay call and text reception - missing important calls [Trying again]

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear O2,

I missed a very important call this morning at 1032am. My phone never rang but 23 minutes afterwards I got a 'missed call' text from you informing me of this missed call. There was no voicemail either.

I have been experiencing periodic delayed reception of text messages for up to one hour. I have also been experiencing periodic delayed reception of 'missed call' text messages for up to one hour. My friends tell me that's the story of their lives as well and it must be a "mobile phone thing".

This is a recurring situation which I have raised with your support via Twitter. We have had many months of back and forth on this issue without a resolution. The usual story is, in synopsis: "This is not our problem, it's yours". They inevitably blame my phone and SIM card. Twice they promised to send a replacement SIM. More than five months later - nada! zilch!

In anticipation of your questions, the answers are:

1. No, it does not always happen in the same postcode
  2. No, I do not know the postcodes in which it happens to my friends or the people calling/texting me at the time
  3. Sorry, unfortunately I haven't got another iPhone in which to place my SIM
  4. No, sorry, I don't know anyone with another iPhone that I can borrow.
  5. I have an iPhone 5 iOS8.3

Can I please have a definitive solution to this problem? If it cannot be fixed, can you please be pragmatic enough and release me from my contract and let me find another provider with a more customer-service-led approach?

Thanks

WA

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can ask in an O2 shop to do a sim swap for you so there's no need to wait for one in the post.
Part of the troubleshooting will require you to try your sim in another phone to rule out a fault with your handset. It does not have to be an iPhone.
Also try resetting the phone by holding home and power until you see an apple logo on screen.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6979 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@MI5 you forgot to tell the op that they arent talking to O2 on here slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 3 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@blissgirl wrote:
@MI5 you forgot to tell the op that they arent talking to O2 on here slight_smile

Good call blissgirl. No matter though....as you just have told them wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 15

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6979 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@Cleoriff just helping out wink
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 5 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A new sim is the first and easiest thing to try. 

As regards to be released from your contract you need to try all the obvious things first and then make a complaint using the link at the foot of the page. 

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

What a strange one - as others have mentioned this is a customer forum, and we are all customers too.

I would think the issue is with the phone or the SIM, it would be interesting, if you manage to get it solved what actually solved it.

In the meantime there are some wise sages here who may think of other things you can try.

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@blissgirl wrote:

Thanks blissgirl for letting me know that. This is some misleading advertising by O2.  On their page: www.o2.co.uk/contactus, it states the following:

"Why not try O2 Community?