Did you mean: 

Define'the most urgent circumstances'

loveclose
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello to all.

I'm posting this on the community site in the hope that somebody may be able to advise me.

My phone no longer works as it should do - a lot of my calls are going straight to voicemail without ringing the phone.  This now includes my mother's landline which now always goes straight to voicemail.  At age 87, this is not the most ideal of circumstances as you can imagine.  The other evening, I needed advice from the NHS 111 helpline where I was told a doctor needed to call me back to advise me of next step procedure.  Three times the Doctor's call went straight to voicemail without ringing my phone.

Other calls erratically go straight to voicemail on a daily basis.  I desperately need the situation resolved, but at present I cannot for the life of me get anywhere with o2 to get what I consider to be somewhat essential service or advice.

I've never had this happen before with any other service provider.  

I've tried phoning Customer Services and I've fed back my information to o2 wherever I possibly can - all to no avail.  And on top of all that, I've just received a personal e-mail telling me effectively to stay off the line and keep the lines clear for 'those who need help the most'.  Fraud and lost phones are quoted as being typical such cases.

I would have thought that a service I'm paying for that is simply not working properly, and effectively prevents essential calls from gettign through to me a serious enough case to request urgent help.

Hence my somewhat ironic subject header.  I do realise that all services are under enourmous pressure given the restrictions enforced on all of us.  I'd also state that some companies have gone the extra mile to ensure customers are dealt with as well as possible despite these very difficult circumstances.

Advice on the 'instant voicemail diversion' would be more than just a little welcome.  I can't justify staying with o2 with the level of calls going astray at present.

To those still with me, thank you for your time in reading this.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

First off @loveclose 

Call any of these numbers in the link and choose any of the options such as fraud, lost/stolen or upgrades

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

As to the problems you are having, check your postcode in the status link

https://status.o2.co.uk/

It could be an issue with your simcard which is the easiest of any possible causes to remedy

Try cleaning it first then if possible try the sim card in another phone to see if the voicemail issue is the same

If not then it would point to the fault lying with the phone and that would mean a repair.

Either way you would know the next step.

Check this link too

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions

@loveclose 

I would turn off voicemail and dial ##002# to cancel any rogue diverts too.

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 9

loveclose
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Appreciate the responses from Jonsie and MI5 - thank you. Quick question - what precisely does ##002# do??
I'm going to switch off the Voicemail to see if the one guaranteed call failure comes through, and then do the ##002# thing as well. Cleaning the sim card comes next and then perhaps trying o2 again, but I'm afraid that hasn't yielded much dividend to date!!!
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions
It cancels all diverts (the list of which included in the voicemail help I linked to).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23265 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3700 Solutions

@loveclose You're not going to get through to O2 at this time of night. Only lost/stolen is dealt with 24/7. Everything else is shut down until 8 am now.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 9

loveclose
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Lol - thanks for the info, but I wasn't going to call them now!!!! I'd be in trouble at home for a start!!!!
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@loveclose wrote:
Lol - thanks for the info, but I wasn't going to call them now!!!! I'd be in trouble at home for a start!!!!

LOL

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@loveclose wrote:

laughing

Message 9 of 9