cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined a contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I applied for an iPhone on contract with O2 but in the shop it was declined straight away without an explanation , so I checked my credit reference as I have never been declined credit. And there is nothing on there, I have a very good rating . So I rang O2 and went through the the story and procedure and again was told it was to do with security and gave me an email to write too, which I did. I eventually got a standard reply saying ' O2 also used business policies and I haven't meant the critiera on this occasion ' I have since written and asked again what are 'business policies' but no one is answering me. I need to get a new phone asap and wanted it to be on O2 as I can get discount with family & friends and it's the best reception where I am. Can anyone help me to know what 'business policies ' are please so I can deal with this. 

Jacqui 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
But o2 won't tell you either 😞

True...so it's a Catch 22 really...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is annoying so maybe all I can do is get a sim. My iPhone 5 is fine apart from not enough memory. But my daughter needs my phone as her is broke and she's off to uni . I was with O2 a few years ago and all was well. I'll go in and speak to the shop again and get a sim only for now if that's all I can do . Thanks 

Message 12 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just out of interest @Anonymous have you moved house recently?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 25

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It is annoying so maybe all I can do is get a sim. My iPhone 5 is fine apart from not enough memory. But my daughter needs my phone as her is broke and she's off to uni . I was with O2 a few years ago and all was well. I'll go in and speak to the shop again and get a sim only for now if that's all I can do . Thanks 

Just get your daughter a cheap PAYG phone - prob safer whilst away at uni.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 25

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just get your daughter a cheap PAYG phone - prob safer whilst away at uni.

Nah, give her the iphone and get a cheap pay and go for yourself. Hey, she's off to Uni, needs a credible phone wink

Message 15 of 25

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Make sure you get insurance then wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

"Nah, give her the iphone and get a cheap pay and go for yourself. Hey, she's off to Uni, needs a credible phone Smiley Wink"

If the Op is going to get her daughter a 'credible phone for Uni'... then she should be looking at the Samsung S6 LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

"Nah, give her the iphone and get a cheap pay and go for yourself. Hey, she's off to Uni, needs a credible phone Smiley Wink"

If the Op is going to get her daughter a 'credible phone for Uni'... then she should be looking at the Samsung S6 LOL

Or any of the new Galaxys

Message 18 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope I haven't moved, been at the same address 18 years 

Message 19 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mm if only . Then she'll be asking for credit every 5 mins but she is already in a contract until next year so she just needs my phone if I can get a new contract as mine has expired
Message 20 of 25