cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined a contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I applied for an iPhone on contract with O2 but in the shop it was declined straight away without an explanation , so I checked my credit reference as I have never been declined credit. And there is nothing on there, I have a very good rating . So I rang O2 and went through the the story and procedure and again was told it was to do with security and gave me an email to write too, which I did. I eventually got a standard reply saying ' O2 also used business policies and I haven't meant the critiera on this occasion ' I have since written and asked again what are 'business policies' but no one is answering me. I need to get a new phone asap and wanted it to be on O2 as I can get discount with family & friends and it's the best reception where I am. Can anyone help me to know what 'business policies ' are please so I can deal with this. 

Jacqui 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Only O2 will know why you have been declined. You could try Carphone Warehouse, who do phones on O2 contracts....though not Refresh.

Also O2 Open/ Family and Friends wont be available from anywhere but O2 sadly

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Your best bet would be to try a sim only deal for 5 months and then upgrade from that.
You've got a better chance of being accepted that way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 25

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Maybe go for a cheaper note affordable phone until you're in a situation where O2 will accept u. The above advice makes sense, getting a sim only contract.
Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but I still need to know why they refused me as everyone I have spoken to has said they shouldn't of. And if it's something I need to know then I need to put it right. I have never in my life been refused credit. Just wondered if anyone had ever come across these ' business policies ' before ? 

Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks but I still need to know why they refused me as everyone I have spoken to has said they shouldn't of. And if it's something I need to know then I need to put it right. I have never in my life been refused credit. Just wondered if anyone had ever come across these ' business policies ' before ? 

Maybe there's a glitch or you haven't built up enough credit rating 

Message 6 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, we hear of it but O2 never tell you why, so we can't answer that for you I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 25

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Thing is O2 will not divulge why they've declined you, and as fellow customers we're only guessing.

If however you've got more credit lines open than O2 would like, that'll affect things. I'm saying that as u mention never being refused credit. Also applying for credit now than a couple of times a year doesn't sit well with companies either.

As you're unlikely to get a specific answer your best bet really is MI5's advice and is O2 as a sim only for a few months.

Sorry I'm not more help.

Message 8 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous This is the problem...we wouldn't know why they refused you. We would only be guessing.

Only O2 can tell you why they reached that decision...Sorry...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
But o2 won't tell you either 😞

Currently using:
Message 10 of 25